Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should changing rep range every week benifit?

I wouldn't do it every week. I change mine ever 6-8 weeks.. Instead of doing 5 sets by 10 reps I'll do 5x5 with a heavier weight and longer rest period.

But personally I wouldn't change every week or even every 2 weeks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Muscle Confusion is a Joe Weider principal. I'm sure he didn't invent it he just gave it a name and popularize it like he did so many other principals. It's a simple principal. Never do the same workout twice in a row. Change the weight, change the reps, change the equipment, etc. Keep your muscles confused as to what they will experience. I have used it for years. It's almost a must for me since I workout in a small gym. Many times the equipment or the weights I want are being used so I just modify my workout accordingly.

I think the muscle confusion theory is a little outdated and has been trumped by the progressive overload style of training (increase reps, sets, weight)

I switched to progressive overload and saw much much much better results.

Though I do think mixing things up is more "fun" but in my experience it doesn't provide the same results as progressive overload style workouts can

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

The muscle confusion method of training does not exclude the progressive overload principal. Which I believe is another Weider principal. They can very effectively be worked together.

The muscle confusion method of training does not exclude the progressive overload principal. Which I believe is another Weider principal. They can very effectively be worked together.

Exactly. Vary exercises, and always try to best previous numbers by increasing weight and/or reps. Its all about overcoming adaptation. If you go in the gym each week doing the same exercises with the same weight and same reps, you are spinning your wheels

Yeah guess I kinda over looked that. My bad. Personally I like going in and varying my workouts but it was just to hard for me to track my progress (which I'm now anal about). Still built me a good base though

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

I track my progress in the mirror and with a measuring tape. Muscles don't respond to weight they respond to being overstressed. This can be done a number of ways.

Top Bottom