Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Short bursts of high intensity cardio, is it useful?

Fast Twitch Fiber

Is it beneficial for cardio fitness? For example, if I swim one lap going full speed to the point that I'm exhausted afterwards, then I rest and do more laps (with rest in between), is that good for increasing cardio fitness? Also, I guess this would be like running sprints. Does it do any good to do short bursts of high intensity training?

Sounds good. In my training, though, that full speed lap comes at the end of the workout, not at the beginning. I think it has more benefit there.

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
Is it beneficial for cardio fitness? For example, if I swim one lap going full speed to the point that I'm exhausted afterwards, then I rest and do more laps (with rest in between), is that good for increasing cardio fitness? Also, I guess this would be like running sprints. Does it do any good to do short bursts of high intensity training?

When I swam, we did several 25yard sprints. We did many of them, with little rest in between. It also helps to do 100-200yard swims. For example, do 10 100yards on a 2:00 minute interval. If you can do this, then move it to 1:45 or 1:30. Another example would be doing 4 200's (on 1:45x2 or whatever), then a 100yard sprint. Repeat 4 times.

Anything that precludes adaptation and mobilizes the body to counteract immediate and unexpected stressors will be conducive towards progress and metabolic processes both in the short and long run. Also continuous alternating resistance excercise in the long run will converge to higher output potential, which is great if you're competitive :eek:

Top Bottom