Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shoes for training

davebautista

What are the best shoes for training guys?I have been working out with regular shoes and I started having back pain on my lower back

I wear wrestling shoes or lately I've been wearing crossfitshoes. They are low and hard soled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use some running shoes from Decathlon, and they work for me just fine. Funnily, they have cost me just 30 bucks, but these are the best shoes I have ever worn before. Insteresting stuff...

Boots work for most of your weight workouts. Exceptions include deadlifts (barefoot/socks or in deadlift slipper is ideal). Squats (boot with a slightly elevated heel). Any calf exercise - you wanna trainer for these.

Cardio, of any kind, requires a proper training shoe. Brands come down to preference. A proper sports shoe place will measure and fit you on request.

A few buddies have tried the Virbram 'feet' style shoe.

If you are running - get running shoes

If you are weight lifting - get flat soled minimal shoes like converse by chuck taylor or wrestling shoes.

You should NOT be using the same shoes for running and squatting. Running shoes put the emphasis on your toes. When squatting, you want to keep the weight in your heels.

For weight training I would look at either converse or crossfit shoes. Both will have harder soles. That is what you want when you are doing lifts like squats and deadlifts. If you are a runner then go to a running store like Running Room and get properly fitted. It will make a big difference.

Top Bottom