Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shin splints treatment

bros did you ever get Shin splints? how did you treat it? every time I run I get the pain on my shins, thanks.

I get them no matter what, from sprinting, but they are better after staying aware of my gate and 9 months of ankle mobility stretching daily.

I’m not a podiatrist or anything, and couldn’t say without looking at your running style, but, for my sprinting at least, the trouble was my trying to take really long strides with poor ankle mobility. Therefore, i was landing on my heel. This causes your toe to fly down against a tensed shin, strongly bending and compressing the shin bone causing micro-fractures from the stress (shin splits). I do better now with shorter strides landing flat footed or on the ball. (I think landing toes would cause similar problems). my ankle mobility routine has been focused on “rolling of the ankle stretches). Roll onto sides of feet booth inward and outward for 30 sec each. when it was chronic, I actually used a baking roller to roll out my shin muscles. now I sit on my ankles on a foam roller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gotten it twice in my life.. as a teenager i got them from soccer. and then in my late 20's i got them from running a lot

there is no cure except rest. the more you pound the worse they will get

you can prevent them with proper shoes and I would even suggest running barefoot on grass.

I've gotten it twice in my life.. as a teenager i got them from soccer. and then in my late 20's i got them from running a lot

there is no cure except rest. the more you pound the worse they will get

you can prevent them with proper shoes and I would even suggest running barefoot on grass.

yeah. agree. forgot to mention most running shoes are awful on shins. people buy cuz all marketing bs and to pad knee jar from jogging. jogging is bad for knees. for sprinting, i get less splints in minimalist shoes with little or no heel lift like onasuka tigers. im switching to those barefoot “sock” minimalist runners soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom