Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shin Splints

Ffactor

does this ever go away? Is there any way of reducing this? I'm not a runner I just do it for Cardio.

i was told by my brother-in-law (track coach) to walk around on the balls of your feet (part by toes) with your toes facing inwards, and with your toes facing outwards, as well as how you normally would (on balls of feet, with toes facing forward). also, stick your arms up, fingers interlocked, palms up (like you're stretching) while you do this. it may look funny, but it worked for me (unless it was the fact that i stopped running in the meantime...)

hope it goes well, they suck

Funny you should ask that. I ususally get them every time I run on the treadmill (forget the pavement). I was told before that they should go away after awhile but I have been getting them for several months. Today I didn't for the first time. I have only changed two things since my last run. I started doing jump rope and working calves three times a week. So I thinking one of these or both must have something to do with it.

I also get shin splints bad when running.. Ive been sticking to the elliptical for cardio lately and dont have any problems.

A guy I work with who runs marathons says that this is caused by not running fast enough.. lol

Im ex British Army and had to have an operation about 14 years ago now in order to loosen the muscle membrane. Not nice. I think the medical term was 'composit compound syndrome', but dont quote me on it. Hence why body builders and people heavy up top dont make good runners. At its worse it felt like my calves would explode and my shins were bending outwards.................Following the Op I never sufferred from shin splints again regardless of what weight I went up or down to.

Shoe selection.

If you run often, I would get a pair of sneakers solely for running. Wear a different pair for lifting or other forms of cardio. Also, you are suppose to replace your sneakers after so many hundreds of miles.

After 3 yrs running track in Jr. High in Minnesota where snow is still on the ground when training starts & we run in the school hallways, I get shin splints every time I attempt to run on any sort of hard surface. As in 2 days of being completely crippled.

Suggest the following:

- good shoes
- stretch sufficiently
- watch running on surfaces that have no give

I can only run on a slight incline or more otherwise i suffer frm shin splint. Not sure why this is. Not so sure bout the shoes thing. Maybe some ppl r just prone to certain things u know???????

Top Bottom