Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shin area pain after jogging

no PROBElem

I was walking about 3mph, and jogging at 4-5 mph on the treadmil every other day. The pain usually kicks in around 15 min into my 30 min routine. I do as many stretches as i can before starting, but i can only stretch the shin area muscle that hurts, once the pain begins. I then stop walking, and put my toes on one side of the treadmil and pull my leg to stretch the muscle in my shin area. Then i started to do my routine everyday, thinking that the rest wasnt helping, and it needed to be worked.

What should i do, keep the everyday pace, or back to every other day. i read the other post about soreness, and training but are the legs different. It has to be a small muscle in there causing the problem.

I was a high school XC and track runner and we saw this kind of thing all the time.

You ought to see a doc, first of all...just to make sure.

But, I am willing to bet good money that the problem is shin splints. Be sure to get good calf (and front shin) stretches before and after your exercise. Ice the affected areas afterwards (freezing some water in a styrofoam cup is good for this). Do some moderate lifting exercises for the front of your shins. Go a bit easier if necessary.

I never got them, so the above info is from kinda distant memory...search on www.google.com and I am sure you'll find lots of good advice :)

See a doc or trainer though, just to make sure. (you want to make sure it's not a stress fracture, I've seen people who got terribly stress fractures because they thought all they had was shin splints and kept training)

:)

I was a high school XC and track runner and we saw this kind of thing all the time.

You ought to see a doc, first of all...just to make sure.

But, I am willing to bet good money that the problem is shin splints. Be sure to get good calf (and front shin) stretches before and after your exercise. Ice the affected areas afterwards (freezing some water in a styrofoam cup is good for this). Do some moderate lifting exercises for the front of your shins. Go a bit easier if necessary.

I never got them, so the above info is from kinda distant memory...search on www.google.com and I am sure you'll find lots of good advice :)

See a doc or trainer though, just to make sure. (you want to make sure it's not a stress fracture, I've seen people who got terribly stress fractures because they thought all they had was shin splints and kept training)

:)

I used to jog alot too and I had the same problem. It was usually the day after a run I would be so sore in the shins I could barely walk. I think alot of it has to do with the way you run. I developed a nice stride after a while and then had no problems with it.

Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. Mine were terrible, and I have had them for a year. I couldn't jog, I couldn't work my calves, I couldn't do shit! The fucking shin splints hurt even when I just walked and jumped a little bet. That sucked so badly. But then, I started boxing, and was required to jog almost everyday. That was when the bastards started hurting like hell. I lost some weight because of boxing and shit, and what do you know? The shin splints didn't hurt anymore.

So just run with them, and don't care.

Top Bottom