Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shadow's Snap back to reality.....

The Shadow said:
Spent last week and the weekend moving so my back, which was already tired, is pretty wrecked.

Tried doing chest today.....made it to 280 for 4 on bench and a couple of sets of close bench at 165 before I gave out of gas...

down to 213 due to all the "cardio" loading and unloading shit for 5 days
Good job! :verygood:
Especially after all that lifting...
:heart:

Still moving......diet is low in cals to get some fat off while the moving is cardio:

Today:

My gym has 3 squat racks....each on had a group of 3-4 guys squatting - pretty impressive. I hit the leg press for a warm-up....

Guys were STILL there when I left....I got a feeling they would be there a while, so I worked fairly heavy on the leg press.....

60 degree leg press - FULL REPS

Worked up to 6 plates per side for 10 reps
Calf press on leg press - 4 plates per side for 12 reps.

Incline Bench - worked to 3 sets at 185 for 6

Rows - worked up to 3 sets of 185 for 6 as well.

I can't get int he gym on a consistent basis - so Im probably going to combine major muslce groups when i can get there.

Scale weight - 214

The Shadow said:
Still moving......diet is low in cals to get some fat off while the moving is cardio:

Today:

My gym has 3 squat racks....each on had a group of 3-4 guys squatting - pretty impressive. I hit the leg press for a warm-up....

Guys were STILL there when I left....I got a feeling they would be there a while, so I worked fairly heavy on the leg press.....
Scale weight - 214
excellent

i hate it when i want to squat and i find the racks taken. i'll usually do some light deads or GMs while i wait or even some abs after that if the squat racks still aren't free.

TC2 said:
Glutamine bro...seriously this stuff helps with the soreness greatly.

Yes it does.

It also promotes water retention similar to creatine(not to the same extent) - I didnt want to add it in just yet

So....felt good today, had some time, so I hit the gym - 2 days after my last(albeit short) chest workout.

Bench:

135, 185, 225 for 10
275 for 1
285 for 4

Incline DB presses

2 x 70 x 8

Did some weighted decline cruncges and some flushing work on the cable xover.

Scale weight - 212

Dicked around the the deads today....

droped back to 295 and focuse on speed...did 4 sets of singles....last rep was the best...I am tending to straighten up before I stand up.

Rear laterals - 3 x 40 x 10

Shrugs on calf machine - 3 sets of 230 plus apparatus weight at 12 reps

The Shadow said:
I have been totally out of the gym for 13 months due to various reaons....well - almost totally - I logged 12 workouts from June 6 2005 until yesterday June 26 2006.

My main priority is to drop some of this fat and get my strength back.

Yesterday was a chest routine to ease back into things and to gauge strength levels.

Flat Bench
135 - 12
185 - 10
225 - 5
275 - 3

Incline Dumbells
2 x 6 x 70

Incline flyes
2 x 8 x 30 (deep stretch)

....Strength is down significantly as one would expect....I was hitting 95's on the db presses last year.

Scale weight is 219 at a caliper BF% of 15.8%.

Probably not the best time to begin this as I am moving at the end of next month.....but the are reasons and then there are excuses.

I'm not going to post my deit as its pretty simple......40/30/30 slightly restricted cals....enough cardio added to get r done

So.....it begins

I'm kinda doing the same thing. But my strength on bench seems to be mostly there, but I need to get off the hammer strength machines and do some real free weight. My leg and back strength is what's down.

If you don't mind , could you tell us how old you are?

gjohnson5 said:
I'm kinda doing the same thing. But my strength on bench seems to be mostly there, but I need to get off the hammer strength machines and do some real free weight. My leg and back strength is what's down.

If you don't mind , could you tell us how old you are?

36...and feeling it.

I m getting some blood tests done as I know my hormonal levels are WAY down

The Shadow said:
Yes it does.

It also promotes water retention similar to creatine(not to the same extent) - I didnt want to add it in just yet

Just so you know, I've read several studies on this and glutamine was only muscle sparing when taken through an IV. I'd use the glutamine peptides which are a wheat protein (good to get some vegetable sources of protein) with glutamine in covalent bonds. Your stomach plus some digestive enzymes break it down and glutamine should go into your blood stream.

Top Bottom