Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shadow fighting for cardio

Belurshac

Is the shadow fight (like boxing without anopponent), with weights in the hands and without them, just cardiotraining, or it can even help with muscle development? What you thinkabout it?

From those times when I was doing lots of boxing and sparring, I still do the shadow fight from time to time. It may look odd, but it is a real stress for the body, and the muscles got to work a lot. Also, it is a good way of maintaining active the neuron pathways for your movements. You can definitely consider it a cardio session if you do it right and intensively enough. If you had a punching bag it would be ideal, but since you are asking about the shadow fighting, I assume that you don't have a punching bag.

It will help you develop muscle, but it'll be functional muscle. It won't develop you big bulky muscles. It'll give you look of an athlete. Not a bodybuilder. It's very similar to calisthenic training.

If you want to develop big bulky muscles, the most efficient way to do that is to train with heavy weights that make you fail in the 6-10 rep range.

Top Bottom