Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sex and training for sports, exercise, & bodybuilding performance question

the only reason I'm being "cyber-tough" LOL and I do give you credit for that because talking shit through the internet is pretty silly. Is because you went on this tangent, I came home drunk now I'm gonna refute everyone's argument blah blah blah. (btw, drinking IS bad for training... and the jury's already reached the decision on that one!) There's no reason you cannot still enjoy my post's or anyone else's. I really feel that this is a silly question. Testosterone and hormone levels spike after sex! like training there is a deficet and that needs to be replenished through the production of more testosterone (or muscle going with this analogy).

Peace.

Cool man...boy do I know how bad drinking is for muscle growth, fat loss, etc. Unfortunately it's one of my vices I have trouble giving up.

I'll give myself a few more weeks until I realize how stupid drinking is. Let's see...wasting money, getting fat vs. higher energy levels, better body. Why does the decision seem so hard, lol.

Keep the (good) posts comin', Valdez...

..and let's end this one :)

Okay, what about boxers and other fighters that go without sex for several days before a big bout. I know I get more aggressive and edgy if I haven't had any action in a while so I'm more likely to tear through a workout like a frenzied beast if I haven't been nailing any chicks. On the other hand, if I've just busted one, I usually feel relaxed and generally in a pretty good mood. I like walking in the gym tense and aggressive, ready to go.

Any connection there?

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

I actually read the same thing, but there is also conflicting testimony from athletes who say that they usually get off before, say, a baseball game because it releases all their tension and allows them to concentrate better.

Who knows...I guess we'll keep doing what we think is best...

Originally posted by Icculus:
I actually read the same thing, but there is also conflicting testimony from athletes who say that they usually get off before, say, a baseball game because it releases all their tension and allows them to concentrate better.

B]

Yeah, I've read the same thing. I also read somewhere that sex and aggression have closely linked neural pathways in the male human brain. They assume it stems from our primal social systems (when we were a young species) and it was very common for males to physically fight each other over a sexual mate. (Actually this still happens, hehe!!)

I guess if your doing something that requires or benefits from increased aggression, it's a good idea to abstane for a while. I never nut before I train or play ball. I'm too rlaxed, tired and apathetic.

Regardless, it's interesting stuff. I don't think anyone can deny that there is an obvious link between sexuality and athletic performance (be it bodybuilding, boxing, baseball, endurance sports, etc.) however vague it may be.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Originally posted by PerfectTemple:
you know you are hardcore when you turn down sex on leg day(lol)

"What the hell, Britany? I thought I rode that ass raw last night and now you want more?!?! Well you and Christina both need to get your pop-singin', ho-asses outta my bed cuz I gotta squat later today!! Seriously, get your hand outta my boxers!! And no, you can't 'just blow me' either, I'd still be bustin' one!!! Same goes for you Christina! No, girl!! I mean it!! Put your panties back on and get outta here now!! Hand me my belt and straps, I'm gone!!"

I'm hardcore and all but...

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Guys quit the bullshit will ya?
Just give the guy a scientific answer for christ's sake your all behaving like a bunch of children.

Dear friend,
(1)yes ejaculation costs energy thus taking away energy from your training and muscle growth. except the energy you waste while fucking or jerking off each ejaculation costs your body 200 calories.

(2) ejaculation decreases your testosterone levels, which probably decreases your chanses of gaining muscles.

yours in training,
Dariush

We'd reply, except we wouldn't want to say something completely wrong, like you just did. Wrong on both counts. Masturbation will NOT burn 200 calories. (Unless you bounce all over the room for half an hour while you do so). Sex MAY, if you do it RIGHT.

And ejaculation will NOT hurt your training. Please. Dumbest myth EVER. It won't reduce testosterone levels; quite the opposite. Also, it may reduce cortisol levels, which is definitely a good thing.

:p

[This message has been edited by Belial (edited April 18, 2001).]

Top Bottom