Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Severe sleepiness after training

empireking001

So lately I have been getting uncontrollably sleepy post training.

Schedule like this:

Sleep 7 hours, feel good in morning
Eat breakfast, eggs toast/oatmeal
2-3 hours later - weight training 30-40 minutes
Post workout shake + natural granola

Then DEAD. Its not exhaustion or tiredness, its my body literally going to sleep. My eyes start getting super heavy and I HAVE to lie down for 30 minutes. Usually have to jerk off too. Then I feel great after that.

What could be causing this? No gear or anything atm.

And it doesn't matter what time I train. I've tried all timings of the day and its the same - severe sleepiness after.

Thanks.

I used to train in the morning myself and i would get tired afterwards too and take a nap for 1-2 hours.. let me tell you i had more gains on that schedule than ever in my life. if your schedule allows you to, then yes sleep after weight training bro. if not then workout in the evening before bed, you are spinning this into a negative when you can use it as a postiive.. lots of guys can't sleep cause they are loaded up on stims and stressed out all the time. so its a good thing

I used to train in the morning myself and i would get tired afterwards too and take a nap for 1-2 hours.. let me tell you i had more gains on that schedule than ever in my life. if your schedule allows you to, then yes sleep after weight training bro. if not then workout in the evening before bed, you are spinning this into a negative when you can use it as a postiive.. lots of guys can't sleep cause they are loaded up on stims and stressed out all the time. so its a good thing

Word I guess that's true. I have noticed my natural test production is pretty high on this routine and muscles are full. I don't use stims because I don't need them, I workout with passion because I love it. Guess I'll keep it going...

I am guessing that you are just training extremely hard and your body is telling you to rest. The important thing is that you are getting your proper post workout nutrition so just take the rest if you have time. You could try a deload week too and go with lighter weights and see if you still experience this.

I would go to your doctor and get a full physical with blood work done. Feeling tired from time to time is normal but constantly feeling exhausted is not. It sounds to me like there might be an issue with your thyroid.

Are you using any pre-workout or stimulant based fat burners before your workout? That's the only other thing I can think of. You might just simply be crashing from the stimulants wearing off.

Whats up with the jerking off? Are you serious about it? Dont you think you get sleepy because of that?

Experiencing the same but like @muskate said, it could be the Fat burner + Pre workouts you're taking. I am using both and experience the exact same 'issue'.
Now I don't need to jerk off, but I could easily fall asleep an hour or two after my workout. I am also working out in the morning for your info.

How long have you been working out? If this is your first month or so in the gym, it might just be your body getting used to all the weights and the changes that are happening throughout your body.

I'd stay away from the doctor besides maybe doing bloodwork, but nowadays people tend to overreact and visit the doctor for every fart that doesn't sound like the one before.

I don't use any stims, preworkouts or fatburners except one cup of coffee in the morning (that's it for the whole day).

I have been training for 14 years, but only experienced this in the last 6-8 months since I'm hitting 30.

The jerking off thing is probably because my gym has a lot of sexy fitness models working out, and I think about railing them my entire workout and get horny so I'm all riled up after.

I don't feel exhausted during the day, I feel great most of the time. It's only immediately at the tail end of my workout I get extremely sleepy until I take a 30 minute nap, then I feel great.

I think I have been overtraining, I basically lift near my max every workout every day. I might try deloading and also taking a week off to see how I feel.

Top Bottom