Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sets/reps question

cottonwood

If I want to train like this :

M - Chest/Triceps
Tu - Cardio
w - Shoulders
Th- Cardio
F- Back/Biceps
Sa- Cardio
Su - Rest

Can I get bigger and how many reps/sets should I do? Excercise options?

Let me try this a different way?
How does this look for my new routine?

4 sets/8 reps for everything

M- Chest [/B]- BP, Incline DB BP, DB Flyes, Pec Deck
Tri's - Pressdown, French Press, close-grip press

Tues - Legs - Press, Leg Curl, Squats

W- Shoulders - Mil. Press, Lat raise, front raise, shrugs

F- Back - Lat Pullown, reverse close grip pulldown, Cable Row, One arm row
Biceps - Preacher Curls, Alt. Curls, Hammer Curls

What would you change?

This is my new answer for everything. It answers about everything there is to question.

This is my new answer for everything. It answers about everything there is to question.

That's a great video.

I couldn't tell you how many sets or reps I did yesterday for my workout.

I grab some heavy ass weights, and smash the hell out of them. If I did 6 reps or 13 reps that set doesn't really make a difference. I am pushing my body hard and giving it reason to adapt(grow and strengthen) to the resistence it is recieving. And when it adapts and gets stronger, I grab more weight off the rack.

I'm not saying my workouts ar random. I have a solid idea of what weight I can do and how many reps I 'll be able to complete per set. If I want to do a few more reps, I drop the weight a touch. If I want to do low reps, I move the weight up.

Point is, like this guy said in the video. Sets and reps don't matter. If you finish a workout and you feel like you could have done more, you didn't work hard enough. And if you feel like you pushed it hard enough, you are probably lying to yourself. Intensity and insanity. Be a beast. Be bigger and stronger than the day before no matter what it takes.

Ok, I get it on sets/reps and that makes sense.

Last question, does the way I plan to work the diffrent body parts make sense? Once a week with :

Chest/Bis on monday
Legs on tuesday
shoulders wednesday
Thursday off
Friday back/tris

Chest/Bis on monday
Legs on tuesday
shoulders wednesday
Thursday off
Friday back/tris

i like this split, it is what i use besides i take wednesdays off. most people do chest/tris and back/bis, the reason i do not is b/c during chest you're weakening tris and i feel u cannot isolate as well, same with back/bis. if you split it up the way you do, u get tris/bis during compound movements once and week and also during isolation days, hence hitting them twice a week. i've got great results using this

i do better when i simplify
mon deadlift/hams/back/bicep

wens bench/military/triceps

fri sq/quads/back/bicep

cardio on your days off as you see fit.
for each day, 5*5 on the compounds, higher reps on the accesory exercises.
ex-
mon DL 5*5
hack squat 3*10
ham curl 3*10
some back exercises and bicep exercises

simple, efficent, and you're doing lotsa good compound movements every week

Top Bottom