Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

# of Sets, Reps and Exercise

I'm working out to build mass. I have been doing 4 exercises per body part, 4 sets of 7 reps with maximum weight. I have been doing this for about 2 months.

I am seeing results but I read that it is good to change up the number of sets and reps periodically. I was just trying to get some ideas of what you guys that are trying to build mass do?

Oh, do you think that 4 sets X 7 reps X 4 exercises is too much for one bodypart or not enough?.

I work one bodypart a week.

thanks in advance for the input.

JJ from GoodTimes said:
I'm working out to build mass. I have been doing 4 exercises per body part, 4 sets of 7 reps with maximum weight. I have been doing this for about 2 months.

I am seeing results but I read that it is good to change up the number of sets and reps periodically. I was just trying to get some ideas of what you guys that are trying to build mass do?

Oh, do you think that 4 sets X 7 reps X 4 exercises is too much for one bodypart or not enough?.

I work one bodypart a week.

thanks in advance for the input.

Yes, you can make good gains with fewer exercises. Concentrate on Squats, Deads, Benches, Military Presses, and Rows. A few other movements are good, but be sure to hit the big ones. Larger body parts would need more exercises than smaller ones. You sure the hell don't need 4 exercises for biceps.

it really depends I like to vary rep ranges of my excercises to train for size and anaerobic endurance.

I have had good success by going 5x5 for the first excercise and then going for 2x8-10 for the next excercise then 2x12-15 for the last excercise. I really think 4 excercises at same rep range is over doing the CNS, your body can only handle max weight so many time. my Primary excercise hits the whole muscle group for fast twitch fiber-hypertrophy and the other excecises bring up my laggin muscles and stabilizers.

hope this helps.

p.s. example; squat 5x5, then SLDL 2x8, ham curls 2x15, leg ext 2x15 and then some calves, this would be an offseason routine for me when I wanted good growth and take it easy on my own CNS

I think you should life til you puke and then eat a lot and then go to bed.

Top Bottom