Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sets and reps

Clubber Lang

I posted this on another board but I thought you guys could help as well.

Can someone explain to me about reps. What is the best rep scheme out there. I was planning on doing three sets an exercise either 10,8,6 12,10,8 or 15,12,10 all while increasing the weight each set. I was also maybe gonna try to do 3x5 increasing the weight each set.

Does it matter if you are cutting bulking? What rep scheme is good for kneeling cable crunches, forearms, and calves? What about if I have an impinged shoulder and I wanna do some rear delt exercises like reverse flys, what rep scheme would be good for those?

Basically I have no idea what reps scheme does what. I heard 10,8,6 is the best overall.

Also, I know it's alot but can you guys help me with what set/rep schemes go with these exercises?

Flat and Incline dumbell press
Side and front lateral raises
Shrugs
Tricep pushdowns
Squats and deads
Leg curls and leg extensions
Kneeling cable crunches
Forearm curls
Seated rows
Wide and close grip lat pulldowns
Rotator cuff exercises
Seated incline, seated incline hammer, preacher, and reverse preacher curls
Seated dumbell shoulder press
Flys
4 way neck machine
Reverse hyper extensions
Calve raises
Straight arm pulldowns
Seated reverse flys

Goals, and whatever your body responds best to. I seek general size and strength. My shoulders respond best to higher reps, 15-20, but for bi's and tri's, seem to like 8 to 10 the best.... It's best to switch things up every 4 weeks or so(reps/sets), then you can see what body part responds best to what rep/set scheme. I like to work like an animal for 3 to 6 wks, then 1-2 wks of lighter, less intense workouts. I can tell by the way I'm feeling when it's time to lighten up. Then it's balls to the wall again.

So change the # of reps and sets, every 4 wks or so, and determine what works best for you for each muscle group, and go from there. It's a learning experience, and as long as you are in the gym, it's going to be more productive than if you skipped a day. So don't feel as though you are wasting time. Develop a workout that's best for your body.

Top Bottom