Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

# of sets

needsize

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Just wondering how many more sets per body part I should be doing while on gear. I am 5'9", generally around 200lbs, 10%bf, 26 years and have been training for over 10 years naturally. I generally do 8-10 sets per small body part, ie bi's or tri's, more for bigger muscle groups. I am also partial to the 5 sets of 5 routine for compound exercises so not all of those sets are to failure. I am presently on dbol 30mg/ed and sust 500mg per week. So far I have just been adding in a few more sets per workout but it is just guesswork.

do about 9 sets or so for small bodyparts. and 12-15 for large bodyparts. gotta go balls to the wall on every lift and set up how many reps you wanna get to and achieve it. i usually do 6-8 reps on everythings (almost).

thanks

I generally know how much my body can handle but my recovery ability is crazy right now compared to usual so I want to make the best of it.

Remember to do every sinlge set until failure. Sounds easy enough but there are many who dont do it and therefor dont reap the benefits.

Why do you feel you have to do more sets? You do 8-10 sets per small body parts, and more for big parts- that's plenty! (too much if you ask me). All you have to do is increase the intensity.

some people do not do well when they take every set to failure. taking every set to failure should not be done on every set of every workout.

failure

I agree with mikelong. Taking every set to failure puts excessive strain on the muscles. Any benefit you get from training to failure is negated by the prolonged recovery time your body needs after a to-failure workout.

Top Bottom