Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Self-Teaching?

sleeplifter

Whats a good (inexpensive) way to self-teach yourself? I want something pretty harsh,very demanding. What art can you recommend/place to buy books,other stuff..

Just so many different kinds of arts,hard to choose whats best.Recommend something please

sleeplifter said:
Whats a good (inexpensive) way to self-teach yourself? I want something pretty harsh,very demanding. What art can you recommend/place to buy books,other stuff..

Just so many different kinds of arts,hard to choose whats best.Recommend something please
I would suggest you find quality instruction in your area,unless you have prior experience,then you may be throwing your cash away.

manofleisure said:
I would suggest you find quality instruction in your area,unless you have prior experience,then you may be throwing your cash away.

actually you'll be surprised at how many teachers will cut a deal for you, if you explain your lack of cash situation (if thats what you are concerned with). A few years back (early 90's) when I was a student, I couldn't afford to pay the monthly fees, so I came in 30 minutes before every class and cleaned the floors, as a way of "paying".

If you are really eager to learn and can't afford it, most teachers are willing - you just need to ask.

Spanky11 said:
actually you'll be surprised at how many teachers will cut a deal for you, if you explain your lack of cash situation (if thats what you are concerned with). A few years back (early 90's) when I was a student, I couldn't afford to pay the monthly fees, so I came in 30 minutes before every class and cleaned the floors, as a way of "paying".

If you are really eager to learn and can't afford it, most teachers are willing - you just need to ask.

If your problem is money, most states have things like P.A.L programs where they teach kids Boxing for free.... If you are still in school you can join the High School wrestling team for free.

If you really want to teaching yourself for any other reasons... I say the first thing to do is to build up your endurance, run, jog, condition your body. Get on a good strength training program, lift weights, get stronger. Once you have a body that functions at a higher level than most people on the street you are way ahead of the game. Get yourself in good shape, learning how to scrap is easy.

But granby, if his friend doesn't know how to do things that are common in martial arts, then he may not find out how to defend against it. Also some moves need to be displayed properly or they will not hurt the opponent but hirt himself instead.

Find an instructer, and fin out ways you can pay for your calsses if it is a money issue.

BRR has the right idea get in shape first get good numbers on squat dead bench
get in good aerobic/anaerobic shape
get flexible

then you could start teaching yourself basic kicks and punches with videos or mp3's

you could do the same for the basic grappling techniques although a partner or a grappling dummy would help

but there is no way self teaching will allow you to incorporate all the skills you need you need a partner to help and to show you how a live opponnent would react, you need someone to help correct your form, you need motivation, encouragement, etc ,etc

but you can get a decent base or improve on your existing skills with good home training.

what are YOU interested in?

Top Bottom