Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Self defense?

Ive been doing taekwondo for the past few years which is actually a korean form of 'Self defence'. I think it was easy to pick up and it boosted my confedence within 2 years if doing it i've won the welsh championships, british championships and a few local copetitions, all for sparring.
Try it !!!!

boxing and muay thai are good options. i also think kyokushin karate would be very good. u do spend some time in class doing stupid katas but its 90% combat. u cant punch to the head but its bare fist, bare shins and can get pretty damn brutal. even in just a sparring session. and although i never tried jeet kun do i would probably say that. bruce lee created it out of everything he studied. the point of it was to be simple and effective> bottom line.

As a current practitioner of Krav Maga, and I would have to recommend it as one of the best systems for self defense or any real fighting. I lived in Japan for 10 years, 7 of which were on Okinawa where I studied Uechi Ryu heavily and some GoJu Ryu and some familiarity with Shorin Ryu. Krav Maga has been great for me, fast easy to learn and focused on what the goal is and doing it in a stressed, tired environment often with mulitple attackers. No Katas. It is not an "art" per se. It is a mixed martial art taking elements from Boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, Karate and other styles. The systems builds on itself from day one and is very very well thought out. There is a large focus on intensity and aggression because most people you will have to defend yourself from cannot fight for more than 30-45 seconds without tiring so they will insure that you can direct punches, kicks and other attacks at 100% power and aggression for at least 1 minute. I would recommend taking at good look at it.

pepper spray, specifically Fox Labs pepper spray.
If you get into a fight you don't know what you will run into.
97% of police departments use it to control people.

within 15 feet a well trained martial artist would kick your ass before you have time to draw your weapon. unless of course u just walk around with a gun drawn on the norm

within 15 feet a well trained martial artist would kick your ass before you have time to draw your weapon. unless of course u just walk around with a gun drawn on the norm

I don't care how well trained the person is, if they're more than 10 feet away, their ass is getting shot. And if they're closer, all the more reason to carry a knife.

think what u want everyone is entitled to an opinion, some opinions are just dumber than others. there is no possible way you could draw a concealed weapon in time. its a proven fact within 15 feet

think what u want everyone is entitled to an opinion, some opinions are just dumber than others. there is no possible way you could draw a concealed weapon in time. its a proven fact within 15 feet

Do you have any evidence to support this?

Top Bottom