Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Selecting a new gym-

hardrock

Go fuck your own face!
Platinum
So I'm sick of my current gym. The old location was great. Now they moved to a new location, nice polished look, new equipment, blah, blah, blah.

Their hours suck. Close @ 10 weeknights and 7 on weekends. missing a lot of good old school equip from the old place. Didn't bring any hammer equip, or t-bar, plate loaded dip mach, etc, and just a lot of empty promises.

Checked out a different joint last night. Only $5 more per month, great old school equipment. Only thing on my dream list of equip is a t-bar, but I can stick a bar in a corner for that. The deal breaker- smells like piss in there. WTF? Their online reviews said this from years ago. You'd think they would have done something by now.

So, it's on to another one. I fucking hate finding a new gym, and am running out of options here. Gonna check out WOW tonight, with much hesitation.

I refuse to go to those mini mall "clubs" like, Snap, Anytime, 24 hr etc, though I did once belong to a great Anytime. And I know WOW is the same pretty much, but a buddy goes there, so what do I have to lose?

Anyway, rant over. Happy lifting iron Robs and Robettes.

I go to a Wow and it's not that bad they are all different though. Mine has a t bar and plenty of benches. Only two squat racks. My biggest problem is te db's only go to 85. I agree finding a new gym sucks.

So I'm sick of my current gym. The old location was great. Now they moved to a new location, nice polished look, new equipment, blah, blah, blah.

Their hours suck. Close @ 10 weeknights and 7 on weekends. missing a lot of good old school equip from the old place. Didn't bring any hammer equip, or t-bar, plate loaded dip mach, etc, and just a lot of empty promises.

Checked out a different joint last night. Only $5 more per month, great old school equipment. Only thing on my dream list of equip is a t-bar, but I can stick a bar in a corner for that. The deal breaker- smells like piss in there. WTF? Their online reviews said this from years ago. You'd think they would have done something by now.

So, it's on to another one. I fucking hate finding a new gym, and am running out of options here. Gonna check out WOW tonight, with much hesitation.

I refuse to go to those mini mall "clubs" like, Snap, Anytime, 24 hr etc, though I did once belong to a great Anytime. And I know WOW is the same pretty much, but a buddy goes there, so what do I have to lose?

Anyway, rant over. Happy lifting iron Robs and Robettes.

Minnesota Health & Fitness Clubs | Life Time Fitness

went here in az... they have EVERYTHING. if you cant find it youre not looking

I went to lifetime in Plymouth, MN for years. Don't have one in my current area. Not to mention it was $60/mo at the time. Really liked that club tho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using EliteFitness

$5 a month would be a huge red flag for me.

i don't mind paying 10X that for a good quality gym. as long as they have good equipment for real hardcore lifters, not too much people, open weekends, clean, and they don't kick you out for breathing or carrying a water jug then i'm g2g

the gym i go to now is a good 25 minutes away but the gyms closer don't fit those criteria so i make the drive

Last edited:
sheit... thats commitment steve... theyre opening a lifetime fitness next to me in summer of 2013.. cant wait for that.. ill jump ship in a min. i was paying 80.00 a month in scottsdale. thats the most ive ever spent on a gym, but they had everything and then some and the child care was unmatched. my son didnt wanna leave and they had some hot chicks watching him too so it worked for all of us lol

I think he said $5 more a month, not 5 dollars a month. Haha I don't think a gym could operate on that. "Come check out the gym in my basement, I got dumbells and a bench, $5 a month!"

^^^ lol you never know. i know some gyms that are 10 a month.. isn't planet fitness that price if you get in on a deal.

my last gym every person you referred you got 5 off your membership. so refer 6 people who sign up and its practically free.

Top Bottom