Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Seated GM's

CrimsonKing

OK.. Did them for the first time yesterday on a whim... Anybody ever do these before? Especially alone in a power rack? Well I must say it took me about 20 minutes to rig it up good enough to feel confortable doing a real weight... I sat on a flat bench in a power rack with my back to the hooks. I would then sneak under the bar on the hooks and lift up just enough to get the bar off the hooks and then move my ass up a few inches to clear the hooks then do the exercise...

Sounds complicated. Just unrack the weight like you're gonna do a box squat. Then sit down and do the GMs. When you're done, stand up rerack it. Unless your back is really disproportionately strong, you should be able to sit down/stand up with any weight you're able to use for GMs. If you have trouble with it, then I guess just keep using your method -- or get somebody to spot you.

i usually put my feet together out in front of me and go down till my belly stops me, then somtimes ill take my feet a little wider and go down further

When I do them I just have my 2 training partners unrack the bar and bring it down to me once im in place. I set my feet wide and out in front of me, and go down till my chest touches.. This did take some practice as I was not very flexible at first..

Top Bottom