Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SEATED Dumbbell Shrugs

MonStar1023

I wanted to suggest seated dumbbbell shrugs to anyone that wants to really hit their traps hard. Just that tiny variation, seated, compared to standing, will make a world of difference. Seated doesnt allow any time of cheating at all so the entire load is placed strictly on the traps. Everyone should give them a shot!

:D:D

MrMuscle-
Yeah you cant really handle as much weight I dont think and your form is exactly the same sitting on the edge of a bench with the dbs at your sides. Really stretch them out at the bottom and squeeze hard at the top just like normal shrugs.

:D:D

I used to do the same thing, only I used a bar. My old gym had one of those chair-shaped benches that allowed you enough room to get the bar right under your ass and still have a good range of motion. Always loved doing them.

Good idea MS, will try it with the dbs again.

We have a seated hammer strength shrug machine in my gym. It's one of my favorite exercises for traps. I highly recommend seated shrugs in any trap routine...

i agree, but you should also use the standing ones as well, cuz you can get those extra pushes in there by goin off form for your last 1 if needed

Top Bottom