Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sarge's Lifting Chronicles 2006-2007

SgtSlaughter

lol... no idea, may change the title... just wanted to get this up and running. Didn't have time to consult with my creative minds :)

:coffee: Previous Log - Page 72ish :coffee:

All weights in lbs. (pounds) and no belts, straps, ect used unless specified. All raw... unless noted "tool(s)" used.. unless i forget, lol :p

Maxes Plugged into the Bill Starr 5x5 Excel Spread:
Squat: 230x5
Bench: 200x4
Row: 185x1
Dead: 405x1
Push Press: 130x4

Body Weight: 205.0 lbs
BF%: 13% tested about 3 weeks ago I think... weight then: 194lbs
Height: 6'0"

Goals & Misc. Info: Increase strength, Increase LBM, loose a bit of BF by way of keeping diet as clean as I can, but "reward" meals will be used :), Alcohol will be mostly non existant except for maybe 1 or 2 drinks on weekend, zero rec. drugs, sleep is 8 + hours (recently been having probs though)

Supplements: Multi Vit, VitC, B, Cod Liver Oil, Gluc/Chon/MSM, PureCEE, AIFM, Glucorell-R, Sesapure (out of), Oxycalm, Garlic Oil, Green Tea, Ibprophen :)

I think I got everything there. Any questions just ask. TONS of info. ect in my old log if you want to read through some old stuff.

I'm going to try not to be on EF as much as I kept up with my old log, but i will try to update as I can ... aka i'm sure i'll still be on daily at some point, just not 24/7, lol.

Week 1
Day 1

8/7/06 - Monday

Start ~ 7:00pm

2 minute Arch Trainer warm up.. very light.

Squat:
107x5
135x5
160x5
187x5
215x5 (supposed to be 213)
^^ last rep (or two, can't remember) was a bit of a struggle :rolleyes:

Bench:
90x5
115x5 (supposed to be 113)
135x5
157x5
180x5

First time ZERO shoulder irritation; I kept form tighter than _________ (lol... you fill it in... and it worked well. Tucked elbows, back tight, ect... :) Looking forward to increaseing my bench tonage.
Last set went nicely, not easy though... but didn't struggle like the last Squat rep.

GP Rows:
75x5 (supposed to be 76)
95x5
115x5
135x5
152x5

Rows went beautifully - easy. Accelerated with great form, elbows in, good back arch and 90*s.

End time: 7:37pm

Please feel free to critique whenever :) It's my first run with a 5x5, or any real structured training for that matter.

My diet will be 3,000 cals minimum on average. Coming from clean sources for the most part. I will keep carbs lower on non training days, and up them on training days, ect. Cardio will be done on off days when I can.

Last edited:
Re: Sarge hits the 5x5 for Ginormous Soleus Muscles!! - Log

Good 1st workout........is this the first time you tucked your elbows on the flat bench? If it is, then I think you very well could have solved your shoulder pain issue.

Good luck trying to beat your Elite addiction too, lol.

Im no expert on this bro......but my monday workout is similar......Start with Bench, then squats, then bent over rows.....I put my row after my squats that way my upper body would have more time to recover after my bench.....i know one is pushing, and the other is pulling, BUT.....i seem to get a little more out of my rowing when i keep it seperate from benching. I havent really read up on the 5x5 so maybe im wrong.

BiggT said:
Good 1st workout........is this the first time you tucked your elbows on the flat bench? If it is, then I think you very well could have solved your shoulder pain issue.

Good luck trying to beat your Elite addiction too, lol.
Thanks Big_T!

Well, not the first time i've tried to tuck them... but the first time it went REALLY well with everything else (keeping my back tight and shoulders back) :) I HOPE SO TOO!

lol... thanks :rolleyes: :coffee: :) ADD is a bitch, and when there's so much to read and help people... We need EF Annoymous :verygood:

Nice to see you giving 5x5-style training a try.

I'm pretty much repeating the program description by saying this, but take your time between sets as you get into the harder weeks. In other words, don't expect to be out of the gym in 37 minutes when you're setting PRs in week 5 and beyond. :)

Itsadeepburn said:
Im no expert on this bro......but my monday workout is similar......Start with Bench, then squats, then bent over rows.....I put my row after my squats that way my upper body would have more time to recover after my bench.....i know one is pushing, and the other is pulling, BUT.....i seem to get a little more out of my rowing when i keep it seperate from benching. I havent really read up on the 5x5 so maybe im wrong.
My back is my strong point, so I think saving that for last is best for me... so I can focus on my really weak lifts first and use most of my energy there for them.

... any other ideas about the order? I'm following the Bill Star set up, trying not to screw with it too much :)

Cynical Simian said:
Nice to see you giving 5x5-style training a try.

I'm pretty much repeating the program description by saying this, but take your time between sets as you get into the harder weeks. In other words, don't expect to be out of the gym in 37 minutes when you're setting PRs in week 5 and beyond. :)
Thanks CS!

I'll keep that in mind for sure! I may end up using my home set up too... I have a 300lb OLY bar set up w/ standard weights here. Can't Squat here (no "saftey" rack) and can't PP here (ceilings too low in the basement), ok... so maybe i won't be using my stuff here, lol

Nah man i wouldnt mess with it at all then......i do a 3x10 bent over row on mondays with 5x5 bench and 5x5 squat...the flat bench is my weakness, so afterwards my upper body needs a break. You can always tweak that as you progress

Subscribed! no critiquing from me cause I know you already rock!

GO SARGE GO!!!!

2, 4 ,6 ,8 WHO DO WE KNOW THAT WILL DO GREAT

SARGE, SARGE, SARGE

yup, I know I am a geek :)

Top Bottom