Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sarge's Lifting Chronicles 2006-2007

Re: Sarge hits the 5x5 for Ginormous Soleus Muscles!! - Log

Cynical Simian said:
I wonder whether you and Bunny will be able to communicate at the Arnold without access to smilies. :rolleyes:
Cynical Simian said:
This is sorta a question for T since he knows a ton about the carryover from the other lifts to deadliftss: should sarge still shoot for +10 pounds every two weeks on deads even though one of the two workouts is the CNS Saver Combo?

Bunny will have her whip instead LOL

Wow... I can't belive i'm already into Week 5 :)

Day 1 tonight (Squat, Bench, Row).

It's hit my 5 rep PR's or be crushed... "SQUAT OR DIE!" (hehe p diddy rif)

Bitching for the day consists of:

Calve DOMS from jump rope (mostly left being more sore than right for some reason).

And my right bicep, inner down near elbow feels abnormal...

Good things:

Slept like a baby, streched out hip area really well... and my lower back is good this morning... WOOHOO i didn't even see the chiro yet.

Going to make my diesel shake for fuel today... eat up and shut up :RADAR

Weigh in Post PPH: 209.5 lbs

... all bloat gone, still large and in charge though :evil:

Goooooooooood Morning :wavey:
Happy TGIF fo ya!!!

Cynical Simian said:
I wonder whether you and Bunny will be able to communicate at the Arnold without access to smilies. :rolleyes:

This is sorta a question for T since he knows a ton about the carryover from the other lifts to deadliftss: should sarge still shoot for +10 pounds every two weeks on deads even though one of the two workouts is the CNS Saver Combo?

I'm not T but having run and designed a lot of programs similar to this, the body will tend to slow down on/around week 6......at that point the gains will be closer to 5-7.5 pounds EOweek for the same number of reps. Sarge can look at overall progress and decide if he wants to go with the slightly lower gains and keep reps the same - or add the 10 pounds, drop the reps and then run as a pure strength cycle to hit a new 1RM or 3 RM. Working hard on the other ancillary exercise for the main lift will prevent hypertrophy as total reps (TUT) will still be moderately high

The Shadow said:
I'm not T but having run and designed a lot of programs similar to this, the body will tend to slow down on/around week 6......at that point the gains will be closer to 5-7.5 pounds EOweek for the same number of reps. Sarge can look at overall progress and decide if he wants to go with the slightly lower gains and keep reps the same - or add the 10 pounds, drop the reps and then run as a pure strength cycle to hit a new 1RM or 3 RM. Working hard on the other ancillary exercise for the main lift will prevent hypertrophy as total reps (TUT) will still be moderately high

Thats basically how I would have answered it..... typically around the 6th week (which is usually anywhere from the 2nd-4th week of TOUGH training and really pushing) you'll have some of those decisions to make, as your 'run' will be coming to an end.....CS, As long as he can add 10lbs per DL session, he should do it ......using the cleans as a CNS saver doesn't mean that progress should be more conservative on the DL, it was actually a way for him to be able to train the deadlift the same way most "normal" people would, I say that because Sarge is a very disprotionately strong puller, and I know because I am the exact same way that when a lift as taxing as the DL is that much better than all your other lifts it will blow you out fast and slow gains in everything else and leave you feeling like you got run over by a train......he'll still feel like he got run over by a train, but like Shadow said, it will probably be around week 6 or so......where he would have more than likely have been shot by week 3 DLing every week with his DL numbers where they are relative to everything else.

quick update...

WEEK 5 Day 1

start 5:18pm

Squat

117x5
147x5
177x5
206x5
235x5 (smooth PR)

Bench
100x5
125x5
150x5
174x5
200x4 :mad: Recruited a spotter... I couldn't even decline (with arch) the 5th up... i was stuck. sucks.

Bench has stalled :(

Row
85x5
105x5
125x5
150x5
175x5

no problems anywhere but the last rep on the last set of benching... BOO!

3 sets of weighted abs
3 sets of weighted hypers

Spinal Erectors now say "who's your Daddy" to me, lol... i've pwned them, they recover much faster now.... good stuff.

end time: 6:11pm

So day 3 (next bench day) I will do repeat and hit 200x3 again and go for 5 next week... or just start triples?

Nice job Sarge. I wouldn't worry about the bench. You'll adjust & hit what you need to next week (not sure how you structure that) but look at the bright side, you hit 200 lbs which is a PR and did it 4x, your S.E.'s are recovering quickly & not talking so much shit, Squats were like butta & rows .... etc ... so you did not lose the war as MM would say.

Enjoy your night on the town with the boys & lovely ladies :qt: :)

Holy crap, it's a pain in the ass to find previous workout entries in this journal.

Anyway, I finally located Week 4 Day 1 and saw that you did 194 last week for your top set. Try going for 197 on Day 3 for the triple and quintuple (;)) on Week 6 Day 1. I know the guideline is +2.5% each week (which would give ~=5 lbs for bench), but that's just not going to happen given that bench is probably your most heavily trained lift and that you're not benching T-esque amounts. Drop back a bit and give microloading a shot, and when you stall on that go to triples.

Top Bottom