Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rowing machine for cardio?

Joe04

Hello everyone,
New guy here. It seems like you guys know your stuff so what do you think about using a rowing machine for cardio? Do any of you use one? I use a concept 2 rower and if you've ever used one you know it's an intense total body aerobic and muscular workout, and I think it can cause strength gains just on its own, do you think it will hurt strength/size gains from lifting or cause overtraining, or is it ok to use along with a lifting program? Would I be better off with something less strenous like a treadmill perhaps? Thanks for your help.

Joe04 said:
Hello everyone,
New guy here. It seems like you guys know your stuff so what do you think about using a rowing machine for cardio? Do any of you use one? I use a concept 2 rower and if you've ever used one you know it's an intense total body aerobic and muscular workout, and I think it can cause strength gains just on its own, do you think it will hurt strength/size gains from lifting or cause overtraining, or is it ok to use along with a lifting program? Would I be better off with something less strenous like a treadmill perhaps? Thanks for your help.

I can't answer all your questions about rowing, but as an ex-rower I know a bit about it. The concept 2 rowing machien is the only one that any serious crew person uses and all crews in the US that are at any level use them because of their relability and smooth stroke. **If you know proper rowing technique**, there is nothing like spending 20 - 30 minutes on a machien, however it is by far the most intense areobic exercise you can do, and if you have bad technique you **will hurt your back**. I would recommend having someone who knows what they are doing show you how to row a bit before trying to learn yourself.

Casey

ERG real nice for back and forarms

The erg is a great source of cardio. As an ex-college crew member/ baseball player, I know that my back was ultra ripped while my forarms became huge which helped me as a pitcher :)

Top Bottom