Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rowing Like A Machine

gibs0n

Hiyas

I'm just starting my cutting phase and need to have my cardio sussed.

Currently I'm trying to do 20-30 minutes on the rowing machine straight out of bed on an empty stomach 5 times a week. I gave it a go for the first time thismorning. I put on some nice hard sounds and rowed like it was a breeze for about the first 7-8 minutes, then my arms started to ache and I felt like shit. I kept going till I'd done about 25 minutes then gave up. I wasnt "wasted" as in totally out of breath, tho I was sweating and was sore.

I don't know if I was actually burning fat, tho the calorie counter said I'd burned 430 cals. Will this be sufficient cardio for my goal of 8-9% body fat? Or am I really doing a strength workout on the rower as opposed to proper fat burning cardio?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Cheers

All depends on where your HR is. About 65% max is ideal for fat burning...get above that and you start burning more muscle. Sounds to me like you were going too hard. Nothing wrong with a good intense session once in a while, just don't make it an everyday thing unless you are actually training to be a rower. Also sounds like you need to watch your form...while your arms come into play, you should be focusing on keeping your back straight, driving with your legs and pulling your elbows back with your back muscles as opposed to using your bis to bring the handle to your chest.

JoBu

Hiyas

I'm just starting my cutting phase and need to have my cardio sussed.

Currently I'm trying to do 20-30 minutes on the rowing machine straight out of bed on an empty stomach 5 times a week. I gave it a go for the first time thismorning. I put on some nice hard sounds and rowed like it was a breeze for about the first 7-8 minutes, then my arms started to ache and I felt like shit. I kept going till I'd done about 25 minutes then gave up. I wasnt "wasted" as in totally out of breath, tho I was sweating and was sore.

I don't know if I was actually burning fat, tho the calorie counter said I'd burned 430 cals. Will this be sufficient cardio for my goal of 8-9% body fat? Or am I really doing a strength workout on the rower as opposed to proper fat burning cardio?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Cheers

I guess over-doing creates the problem. I row on my machine but I never over-do it. Once, I start to feel uncomfortable I immediately stop and that's why it never created a problem for me. I know "pain is gain" and you have to work hard to achieve weight loss but still it's better if you keep things steady and progress slowly than damaging the muscles.

Top Bottom