Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

routines for toning not bulking

emmab

what are some good guidelines for a programme to tone and get some definition, but not add too much size?? A friend of mine is quite slim but not very toned, and wants to tone up and get some definition in the arms and back esp, but does't want to add size. She doesn't have a computer (horrors) so can't do this request herself. She knows fat levels are a factor BTW and eats pretty well I think

if hes slim but not toned. he needs to a) put on some size, b) lose some bodyfat.

a little of both = "toned"

a good average workout program should yeild this. usually a 3 day a week, or 2day split with some compound movements. its up to him as to whether or not he gets big. it doesnt just happen cause you work with weights. the search engine has tons of workouts either full body or push/pull/legs type.

thanks bignate..it is a she not a he. Looking at her it is hard to believe she needs to lose fat, as she looks slim already, but I guess for definition.... any alterations on your advice with the gender change?

Any good basic routine, coupled with a higher protein, low calorie diet and cardio will do this. There are hundreds, take your pic.

Tell her to do mass building exercise since women doesnt put on mass easily like guys.
She is already slim so packing a little bit mass shouldnt be bad and it would harden her so she can get that vascular look. Concentrate on compound movements,a little bit of isolation execise every now and then, and some cardio. Squats should be her primary exercise and with a good diet she should have the body she desires in no time.Good luck

emmab said:
. Looking at her it is hard to believe she needs to lose fat, as she looks slim already, but I guess for definition....

its her lack of lean body mass. i see it daily. very slim women come to me and say they want to be "toned", and lose maybe 5 lbs. i do their bodyfat percentage and its in the fair to poor range. they have very little muscle mass. fad diets or poor nutrition eat up their muscle and leave them with fat in its place. though they dont notice it because they arent getting any heavier...just softer. hence they want to "tone", but not build muscle. i basically throw the buzzword "tone" out the window, its a terrible word perpetuated in unhealthy womens magazines. so basically what they told me was they want to put on some muscle, increase their metabolism, to thus burn fat and have an athletic appearance. its a breakdown in communication that i have to reeducate them. training for mass will not make her a ms olympia overnight, or ever, if its not her wish. it shouldnt make any difference whether she is male of female as long as the program is a good solid allaround mass building program for beginners.

I agree

Bignate, I wholeheartedly agree on what you said.
Most girls I know doesnt want to lift weights thinking that they'll look like guys and have muscles like Ms. Olympias cause they think its yucky. It takes alot of dedication and sacrifice to have a body on par as the fitness competitors,moreso as Ms. Olympias. They cant fathom how many years of training and juicing to eventually reach a Ms. Olympia type body.
I see this girl who is skinny and flabby at the same time and she says she needs to lose weight when obviously
she needs muscle mass. I tell her to lift weights but she dont listen and just does cardio and diets.
I turn to conclusion that they should make mistakes to realize what their doing wrong.

chris v. you arent from cali are you?

just wondering because i know a "chris v." that is quite knowledgeable like yourself.

peace.

Top Bottom