Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rotator Injury F*@K ME !!!!!!!

if it werent for chiropractors my shoulders would have stopped me from working out completely im guessing.

if it werent for chiropractors my shoulders would have stopped me from working out completely im guessing.

I feel the same about my deep tissue massage therapist and my shoulders and elbows.

What you said though reminds me of my former doctor(15 years ago). I was 21, doing Arnold press for shoulders with too much weight and arched my back. Snap. Back went way out. I could feel it grinding like it was broken when i moved.
I went to see the doc and he gave me ofcourse 800mg motrin. Said rest, no working out. I said..."what about a chiropractor" he said........ " go see one I guess....if yo believe all that hocus pocus" !!!!!!!!!!!! WOW.... Needless to say that was my last apt. ever with him. Obviously I went to the chiro cause I would have been fucked if I didnt.

yeah 10 days`, but the first 2 weeks back have to be VERY careful

i did a back and chest day and pull both sides

moving arm literally made me tear up for 4-5 days

moving arm literally made me tear up for 4-5 days

Ahhh.....see....I dont have that kind of pain. I got the initial pain during the set which wasnt sharp. Then a few sharp jabs that night and one the next morning. Other than that I got alot of ache.
I just got done with my deep tissue session 10 minutes ago. She said everything felt alot better. When she went to do my other shoulder I found that I had alot of the same pain in that side too. Nothing sharp, but alot of soreness in the same spots as the "injured" side. I am almost thinking it was both shoulders tightening up from starting to lift heavier (after being only back for 5 weeks after 6 mos off) and just the left shoulder gave me the "stop" signal first. But I could definatley feel the same kind of shit going on in my right shoulder when she got real deep. That makes me hopefull that its not a tear being that both sides kinda had the same thing going on.

yes it was severe

but I like these occurrences they remind me that the body is like a sports car

its performs but you have to treat it with the right input

I'm a PT and have some general advice for you:
1. with ANY shoulder injury, avoid exercises past shoulder level..technically the shoulder joint has the least amount of space for the tendon to glide between the bony structures anywhere past 70 degrees.

2. ice takes 20 minutes to penetrate a big thick shoulder like yours..Either give it time and deal with the throbbing, aching, and then numbness or dont bother at all.
3. posture: sounds stupid but this is very important. If you slouch for most of your day, it puts your shoulders in a rounded position and makes your shoulder function in a less than optimal position..so sit up tall and dont round your shoulders. ...you're supposed to imagine pinching something between your shoulder blades. that stands you upright.
4. drop the weight while you are healing. even though you CAN do it, doesn't mean you should. back off a little...
5. which exercises to keep and which to lose: drop any exercise that is overhead for now. If you havent been stretching, start stretching the shoulders...I'll post a good rotator cuff stretch as a new thread. I can guarantee if you're a thick guy used to lifting heavy, its tight.

I'm a PT and have some general advice for you:
1. with ANY shoulder injury, avoid exercises past shoulder level..technically the shoulder joint has the least amount of space for the tendon to glide between the bony structures anywhere past 70 degrees.

2. ice takes 20 minutes to penetrate a big thick shoulder like yours..Either give it time and deal with the throbbing, aching, and then numbness or dont bother at all.
3. posture: sounds stupid but this is very important. If you slouch for most of your day, it puts your shoulders in a rounded position and makes your shoulder function in a less than optimal position..so sit up tall and dont round your shoulders. ...you're supposed to imagine pinching something between your shoulder blades. that stands you upright.
4. drop the weight while you are healing. even though you CAN do it, doesn't mean you should. back off a little...
5. which exercises to keep and which to lose: drop any exercise that is overhead for now. If you havent been stretching, start stretching the shoulders...I'll post a good rotator cuff stretch as a new thread. I can guarantee if you're a thick guy used to lifting heavy, its tight.

Thanks for the good info bro. My posture is good and i'm always very concious of it. I do slouch way down in the couch sometimes with my laptop though.
Whenever I ice anything I always leave the ice on til the cold is gone. Usually 30 minutes. But I also have one of those coolers with the pump inside that feeds lines hooked to cooling pads. I got it post knee surgery. I stopped icing it after 2 times the night it happened cause the ice seemed to make it worse.
I havnt been stretching because good or bad I was waiting for the initial "shock" so to speak to wear off. It doesnt feel tight now It feels pretty normal except I still have a sore spot on the back side of my side delt. That wasnt where all the initial pain and shit was, but its starting to worry me. I have this feeling that maybe I tore that spot slightly and in reaction the mess I had on the front side happened.
If you stand on my side and look at my left shoulder as a clock, the initial sharp pain and issue was at 11:00 (towards the front) It initially ached allover the joint. But now since saturday afternoon the sore spot has been at the 2:00 position. Right in the spot thats supposed to have pain every damn time I read about rotator tears.

Burn if you don't have a Chiro I would check one out.

Deep tissue is fantastic and in combination with chiro is amazing as the broken up scar tissue and relaxed muscles only help with an adjusted spine taking.

I had shoulder impingement before and the root cause was my back. You can get pain damn near anywhere in your body and often trace it back to the spine.

I've thrown my hip out of wack and didn't know for 2 months until it got so bad I felt like I was walking with a twisted back. Chiro adjusted my hip nearly a 1/4" the first time and it never popped out again. I can only imagine the issues that would have caused if I had never seen a chiro because I'm pretty sure nothing else woulda popped my hip back.

So anyhow, if you have a chiro I suggest seeing him and if you don't I suggest getting one. If I had to choose between massage and chiro I would go chiro any day.

Hope it heals up soon man.

I do have a chiro in the same building as massage. I havnt seen him in a while though. I do as much self adjusting on my spine as possible with the balls in a sock trick. I do it multiple times daily. Plus my massage therapist does alot of chiropractic type adjusting on my spine. She is like an acrobat. Does some pretty extreme stuff. But yeah theres still room for an actual chiropractor I agree.

I hurt mine 2 months ago in a corporate challenge tug-of-war (we won). My rear delt was swollen until just recently... pain still shoots me when I do stupid things like put a shirt on. Anyone ever do something similar?

Top Bottom