Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rotator cuff injury???

gymtime

Alright boys, I think I fucked up my shoulder today. I was doing seated, bent db raises. On my last set, when I got to just about shoulder height, I felt something really weird. The only way I can describe it is that it felt like the bone came out of the rotator cuff and went right back in. I have no idea if that's what actually happened or not. But I know what a muscle pull feels like and that was not it.

I didn't really feel any pain as such, but I tried it a gain with a very light weight and as i raised it, it felt like it would happen again. Needless to say, I was done with shoulders for today.

Right now I'm not in any pain and can move my arm freely. Any ideas on what I did?

dont think thats a rotator problem..sounds like you popped teh shoulder out of its socket. JuSt go light for a few weeks on shoulders..if you get pain go and see a doc.

Definitely. Lay off it for a week. Funny that you said rotator cuff by accident; do you do any direct rotator work? until i started working them via Poliquin's methods, I used to get the occasional strains and pops from lifts, especially overhead dumbbell presses.

Anyway, if it's still bugging you, nobody here should give any advice other than to see a doctor; it could be too many things, and shoulders are like your knees, you lose 'em, you don't lift.

Hey Bel, thanks for not raping me on my terminology. I thought you'd let me have it for sure on that one!!

You're right, it felt more like a pop than a strain. The only time I feel a shoulder strain is when I do ezbar tricep extensions on an incline bench. It really fucks with the rotator muscle. When I'm on a straight up bench however, I can do heavy db extensions and presses with no problem at all.

Like I said, it's not hurting now, but I'll lay off it a while regardless. We'll see what happens. Thanks bro.

Haha. Quiet, you.

http://www.t-mag.com/html/body_145shldr.html

As much as I hate to link to this rag mag, they got some good rotator cuff stuff there. Even if this isn't the direct symptom you're feeling now, I figured I'd stress to any of the guys here just how key rotator cuff work is; these fragile little muscles can blow out pretty easily, and when you start putting up heavy dumbbells it doesn't take much of a bad angle to rip those little dudes up.

peace

Lay off of it for sure...maybe get it checked out in case there is some type of defect in the area that can be corrected. Shoulder just popping out like that is damn scary.

Ye bro...........my friend always has that happen.......he dislocated his shoulder and now and again it pops out and then immediately back in without any pain. U eva dislocated your shoulder b4????????

Top Bottom