Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rotator cuff HELP!!! PLZ REPLY

Kaytime

Hey guys im just going to give you my symptoms and everything just to make it easier to see if you guys might know whats up with my shoulder. Im booked in for a ultrasound in 3 days and im hoping its all good.

ALSO i looked at the paper im suppose to give ultrasound guy and it says ?TENDONITIS tho i think he could be wrong.

Symptoms:
-sharp pain under the shoulder muscle
-if i try lift my arm up the pain comes but pain starts to go when i pass my head and when hand is all the way up in the air.
-raising my hand in front hurts the most but not too bad when raising it to the side.

2 days ago when it first happens i really didnt have much range of motion but as time went passed it did start getting better with range of motion but pain still there which is sharp. from 1 to 10 the pain would be a 7 when moving it.

im doin weightless rotator cuff exercises slowly tho after a hot bath.\

Please if you think you might know what it is wether its a tear or anything else plz let me know.

Hey guys im just going to give you my symptoms and everything just to make it easier to see if you guys might know whats up with my shoulder. Im booked in for a ultrasound in 3 days and im hoping its all good.

ALSO i looked at the paper im suppose to give ultrasound guy and it says ?TENDONITIS tho i think he could be wrong.

Symptoms:
-sharp pain under the shoulder muscle
-if i try lift my arm up the pain comes but pain starts to go when i pass my head and when hand is all the way up in the air.
-raising my hand in front hurts the most but not too bad when raising it to the side.

2 days ago when it first happens i really didnt have much range of motion but as time went passed it did start getting better with range of motion but pain still there which is sharp. from 1 to 10 the pain would be a 7 when moving it.

im doin weightless rotator cuff exercises slowly tho after a hot bath.\

Please if you think you might know what it is wether its a tear or anything else plz let me know.

There is so much in that area that could be the issue. It sounds like super spanitis. It takes forever to heal and the older you are the longer it takes. Ive been dealing with it for over a year now. had xrays, ultrasound, ct and physio, lazer and cortisal shots for it to become managable.

well day by day the pain is slowly fading away and range of movement is still there but as far as weight training i reckon it might bring it back as when i try raise my arm and use my arm to lightly push it down with resistance it hurts still.

Supraspinatus is the most common muscle in the rotator cuff to damage. It's relatively small with a small tendon connecting it. I was kept completely out of the gym from a subluxation for three years with both of em yanked. The good news is, with my injury, I didn't have the pain fading day by day as your is. Sounds like its less than serious, but you should definately find a good doctor to go to that deals with sports injuries. A regular doctor will just panic and run and hide behind is desk if you mention that you might lift weights again.

My chiro buddy was telling me yesterday that any shoulder injury should be delt with immediately or will usually worsen.
He say's that because it's a hanging muscle group it just has so much opportunity to get damaged. Which makes complete sense.
So get it looked at soonest and get yourself back on the road to recovery.
One thing do not do any exercises that hurt in a shoulder movement. Healing will quicken. I know we have a habit of plowing through the pain just a bodybuilders/weightlifters habit.

Raise your arms out to 90 degrees (like a scarecrow) and then pretend like you're pouring beer cans out with both hands (seriously... do it, big man... no one's watching).

Does that make you want to scream like your pubic hair is on fire?

Raise your arms out to 90 degrees (like a scarecrow) and then pretend like you're pouring beer cans out with both hands (seriously... do it, big man... no one's watching).

Does that make you want to scream like your pubic hair is on fire?

well if i raise my arm as if i was doing side laterals the pain out of 10 is a 1 but if i raise my arm to the front thats when i feel more pain.

its weird tho lately i have been massaging it with a machine/hot baths for releif/stretching and it feels better and i hardly feel it but then give it a bit and the pain comes back mainly when i lift my arm forward as if im doing front delt raise... Im just going to rest it till i get my ultrasound tomorro and take a week off training maby longer just depending on shoulder.

i honostly dont beleive there is a tear because i can lay on that shoulder or raise it above my head and not feel any pain but its only when i START to lift my arm forward i feel it then when my arm goes to 90% i dont feel it much..

when it first happened i couldnt bring my arm back and make it face the wall behined me a bit but now i can with no problem.

Do you think this will put me out of the gym for a while as im still on my cycle? if it is im just going back to cruising on low dose of test

Dude, go to the top Ortho in your area where you live, and tell him to give you a arthrogram, that tells all....

I get my ultrasound in 2 hours i will let you all know the results. As for the pain today its a bit better then yesterday but if i was to pretend i was doing a shoulder press with dumbbells it kind of feels tight but im doing some stretches and exercises for that.

Anymore information would be great aswel so please keep it coming as it gets me feeling a bit better everyday

Thankyou guys for your help i really do appreciate all your advice.

I have got my ultrasound back along with what the dr has told me. Supraspinatus tendonitis has a mild case of tendonitis while everything else appears normal. Can any of you help me with this

Top Bottom