Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ronnie Coleman's poor form

wutangnomo said:
lol

I have to agree with this post. It all comes down to stress. Lift big, get big! All the body realizes is stress. You have to constantly increase the weight to grow (or be able to rep out a higher weight), but there is a point where one cannot use "strict" form. PROPER cheating is then required. I'm not talking use sloppy form that can injure oneself, but after a certain limit you have to use a bit of momentum to either increase the poundage or add a few more reps in.

I thought cheating form + big weight = injuries? I guess I have much more to learn

midlifecrisis said:
I thought cheating form + big weight = injuries? I guess I have much more to learn

It's difficult to explain b/c everyone has their own definition of cheating. The only way I can explain it is there is "proper" cheating and "improper" cheating (ie being sloppy to the point of injury).

IMO, Ronnie is cheating when he benching 500 pounds in that video.... BUT, he is doing it properly.

To me proper cheating is where you use some momentum to complete the rep yet STILL maintain the stress on your target muscle. Improper cheating is where you use momentum (and be sloppy) to the extent that there is actually less stress on the targetted muscle.

maccer said:
Ronnies hams are so big that although from front on it looks like he has not hit parallel if you look from the side he definitely hit parallel

Wouldn't bigger legs make it look like he hit parallel sooner, regardless of the angle?

It doesn't really matter, because I see I spoke too soon about his squat depth. I think he did hit parallel on that second rep! :eek!:

Freaky, freaky dude. I'm still a little disappointed in the leg press, but that's only because I've heard about it for so long and had very high expectations. Kinda short ROM or not, I can't overlook the fact he's moving over a TON!

(All this makes me wonder what Ronnie will look like this year. Has he said he's trying to get even bigger, or will he refine a bit? He was shredded at the 2003 O, but it'd be awesome if he could bring his waist in just a bit more. A mix of his size in 2003 and his aesthetics at the 1998 O would be just unreal. Well, even MORE unreal! LOL.)

Anyway he pops the bar off the top, goes down to about 2" above chest, then presses to about the height where the bar was initially resting. His total range of motion looks to be about 8". And this isn't just with heavy weight, it's the same ROM with the 135lbs set, to the 495lb set.

This is how i do my barbell chest exercises and have never had a problem, in fact i have actually gained quite a bit of size and strength.

I initially stated "he doesn't even come close to locking out". Yea I know you shouldn't lock out, depending on the exercise, you should extend as far as you can while still keeping stress on the muscle. The farther you extend the more muscle fibers you recruit.

All I'm saying is in 75% of ronnie's lifts he greatly limits his potential range of motion during a lift.

I dont think full extention is always the key. It all depends on what you are trying to do, just like bench, i dont go all the way to the base of my neck on military presses either, only to the back of my head, crown area to be exact.

I'm actually thinking about adopting his training method for a few months and see where it takes me. Can anyone tell me why he does this training method vs. to getting a fuller extension, recruiting more fibers, and still keeping stress on the muscle while not locking out?[/QUOTE]

cant hurt can it?

This is CRAZY!! Everyone talks about how Ronnie's form is poor, but how can you argue with the results(6 Sandows, I believe)? If you ever seen any of the pros train, they train the EXACT same way. ALOT of them do! 3/4 reps with constant tension on the muscle. This works for THEM and would probably work for you if you just tried it. Ronnie has been training this way for 20+ years with NO major injury!! The guy is just not human. The rules that apply to him, DO NOT apply to the majority of us....

solidg said:
GH, insulin, and steroids

enough said
Yeah, but "probably" so is everyone else at that level. It still doesn't explain his work ethic and the 500+lbs benches, 200lbs dumbbell presses(12 reps), 2000+lbs Leg Presses, 800lb Deadlifts, etc... This is what separates him from being THE guy and everyone else is fighting for second.

wnt2bBeast said:
Im sure thats his stack..but you forgot one thing...BALL BREAKING work..i dont care what u call it...not everyone can DL 800..gear or no gear

true

Im tired off coleman

I think cutler will unseat him soon.

Top Bottom