Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Romanian Deadlifts

jcp2

For anyone that does these, do you touch the ground with the weights, or do you do them to pins at knee high. I have been reading, but not quite sure, need soemthing to strengthen glutes and hams a little.

Romanian deadlifts are done off the floor. Partial deadlifts are done off pins.

For gluts/hams, you should try straight-leg deadlifts. Done off the floor, knees straight or nearly straight, and focus on pulling up the weight with the hams (keep back straight). Regular/Romanian deadlifts also hit the gluts/hams.

IronandGravity said:
Romanian deadlifts are done off the floor. Partial deadlifts are done off pins.

For gluts/hams, you should try straight-leg deadlifts. Done off the floor, knees straight or nearly straight, and focus on pulling up the weight with the hams (keep back straight). Regular/Romanian deadlifts also hit the gluts/hams.

Thanks bro, these excersises seem very similar to me. The closer i keep the bar to my body the more i feel it in my hams and glutes, and from what i have read ( and that may be misleading slightly ) that is the only difference, RD's the bar is kept closer to the body.

The way I understand RDL's is that you only lower the barbell down until you run out of hamstring flexibility(meaning your lower back will start to bend) and sliding the bar down against your legs. I have never gone from the floor with RDL's. I also love to use DB's for these also. Just position yourself with a mirror on the right or left of you and lower the bar/db's down until you see your lower back start to bend. You then return back upto the start postion.

GOHVYORGOHME said:
The way I understand RDL's is that you only lower the barbell down until you run out of hamstring flexibility(meaning your lower back will start to bend) and sliding the bar down against your legs. I have never gone from the floor with RDL's.

Yes.

Never to the floor with those, and I can jump into splits and kick above my dad's head (6'3") at a height of 5'11.5". I have the flexibility. Just don't need to go down that low.

A good alternative would be good mornings. I love them.

Thanks guys i just did stiffs last night since i wasn't sure, but will be throwing these in the mix.

Top Bottom