Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rib injury- Ouch.

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
So I was rolling the other day in BJJ and had a guy in my guard and I was stacked straight up and down on my neck and top of my shoulders when he decides to drop down with all his weight on my ass and legs therefore driving my hips toward my face and crunching the ever-loving-shit out of my ribs. Had to go to the ER and turns out it wasnt broke but sprained like no ones business. Two days later and its still hard to get around and even breath deep, and god forbid I have to sneeze, that would send me to my knees in agony I believe LOL. Anyone have this kind of injury? My instructor just recommended me for blue belt also and now Im probably out for at least a month. This shit is rough sometimes.

that sux bro i feel for ya..

yeah bro ive had my share of broekn reibs.. 4 on one side all at once and then 2 small cracks on the other side a few years later...

do you get stacked a lot by any chance? what do you normally want to do when someone starts to stack.

i get stacked often and have developed some good attacks as i open my guard.

i feel its best to be on the offensive to prevent guard passes and being stacked..

you know you could go to class and work on chokes and things like that instead of not going at all.. you would get better at the chokes and you always can learn while watching.. just throwing it out there cause ive been doing judo now for 8 years but have about 4 years of injury time where i sat home and did nothing.. biggest waste of time in my life... but i understand if you just want to rest and relax.. especially since its only a month

I dont get stacked often and am rarely even in my guard, I prefer to be on the offensive and either be in side mount, north/south, etc. My lack of guard experience is probably what led to me not thinking of being stacked in that dangerous position. Lesson learned.

a friend of mine has some type of injury (either broken/cracked rib) or detached muscle
that he also got doing some Guard work
it was a swep I believe

You could have torn or damaged an Intercostal muscle. the meat you eat on ribs. I tore some of mine years ago just from too much pushing heavy pallets at work, instead of waiting for the forktruck.

Cracked ribs would be from knee impacts etc, I say you got torn intercostals. rest is required or they will take longer to heal.

Saintinistic said:
You could have torn or damaged an Intercostal muscle. the meat you eat on ribs. I tore some of mine years ago just from too much pushing heavy pallets at work, instead of waiting for the forktruck.

Cracked ribs would be from knee impacts etc, I say you got torn intercostals. rest is required or they will take longer to heal.
makes sense, since the xrays came up with nothing.

im almost always on the offensive while in my guard :)

rest ice tape and let it heal.. take it easy when rolilng if you have too

good luck

I did the same thing when rolling, didn't happen in the same position but the end result was the same, took about 6 weeks before I could train BJJ and 2 months before I could roll. The thing that sucks is theres nothing you can do about it. just rest

maxreps said:
I did the same thing when rolling, didn't happen in the same position but the end result was the same, took about 6 weeks before I could train BJJ and 2 months before I could roll. The thing that sucks is theres nothing you can do about it. just rest
2 weeks now and I still cant sneeze, lol. I can move around a lot better and even jogged a few miles yesterday but obviously that isnt anything close to BJJ. I suppose I could train after 2 or 3 weeks but dont know when I can roll, hopefully not too long.

Top Bottom