Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rib injury

daemon

Kind of a long story.

Back in early September I got a rib injury. I didn't break it but it hurt pretty bad. It took a couple of days before I could breathe normally without pain. I took about a month off of training until it felt pretty good. I made the mistake of returning too early and two days after returning to training I reinjured my rib. I stopped training again at this point and decided to let it heal. I went and saw a doctor and had x-ray's done. Nothing was broken and the doctor described it as a "contusion".

After a referral from my doctor I went and saw a physical therapist. At this point I was barely feeling any pain in my rib but I still wasn't 100%. I saw the physical therapist twice. On the second visit she said she thought it would be okay for me to return to the gym and gradually work back into my program. I followed her advice and started off slow. Immediately after returning to the gym I could feel the injury worsen even under light training. It wasn't reinjured as bad as in the past. Basically, I could barely tell I was injured. I wouldn't feel any pain working out and I mostly only felt a little pain when I woke up in the morning. Probably from sleeping on it wrong. The only time it would hurt is when I pushed my arm against my side and put pressure. Tender to the touch is the best description I can come up with.

I continued training this way for around two months. I was hoping that my body would become accustom and heal on it's own. Since it didn't hurt when I working out I figured that I wasn't aggravating it too much by going to the gym. It never got worse during these two months of training but it never really got better either.

Two weeks ago due to time constraints I consigned myself to stop going to the gym and completely allow this to heal. About a week after the decision I noticed that my rib is hurting MORE now. Definately more than when I was going to the gym. I was hoping this would be just for a short time but now that I'm two weeks into recovery it's still as bad as last week.

I'm frustrated at this point. I miss training. I'm 4 months into this injury and it won't go away. The doctor and the physical trainer I went to both appear to have given me poor advice. I've looked around on the internet and found that push-ups are recommend for people recovering from rib injuries but I'm scared that anything I do will prolong the healing process.

If anyone has been through anything similar or can offer some advice I'd be very appreciative. I'm desperate at this point. Thanks.

Broke two ribs about 3 years ago, and it took about 4-5 months before they healed completely.

Since you didnt break yours,seems they would have healed up by now.

Does certain exercises trigger the pain?

goldenone said:
Does certain exercises trigger the pain?

Not _while_ I'm working out. I kinda noticed that working out shoulders (extending my arms overhead) would aggravate it a little more the next day.

Top Bottom