Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

revexrevex workout + videos

Good progress man...CCJ can probaby give you better advice on these than I can. You might try sitting back farther on the front squats though...not sure.

(time for food and sleep)

B True

On the power cleans, try to get lower under the bar. This essentially mean, get the bar higher and your body lower. You want to try to catch the weight when you are low and then basically squat it up.

Front squats looked ok from what I saw, try and get your elbows higher - that will help your torso stay more vertical.

Powercleans - on the 185 set, I noticed you "panicked" and started to pull with the arms, once you do that you lose power.
Use your hips more, get right up on your toes, shrug hard, body like a bow and then as the bar flies up, dip under it to rack it.

Also when your racking your leaning back don't do that - bad for lower back. Do a quarter front squat to rack the bar.

doing stiff armed power shrugs onto toes will give you an idea of the feel

b fold the truth said:
Bench Press:
look at your elbows on the first clip. Notice that they do not come up in the same plane as they do down. You are pushing your elbows wide and putting stress on your rotator cuffs. Tuck your elbows and keep them tucked when you press.

2nd clip of bench...why are your knees and hips moving like that? Plant your feet and your butt and your shoulders firmly and maintain good balance. You are not as strong of a bencher that you shoud be because you are not planted firmly...

Also when you lockout the weight you "throw your shoulders forward". You don't need to do this. It also is a sign that you shoulder blades are pulled together and that you upper back isn't tight.

Your lockout is not much stronger than your full range motion. I know that you did them when you weren't fresh...but you need to bring your tricep strength up. We all do. I would do the rack lockouts with a closer grip and maybe move the pin up one...almost the same ROM because of the grip and you will hit your triceps harder.

Good Work.

Sunday May 11 - Upper Body

thanks guys, and hannibal too. I'll make good use of these suggestions.

Sunday May 11 - Upper Body
--------------------------------------------

Wanted to do Standing Military, but after seeing this with 135 x 3 ... I decided to do an exercise with back support.

Sitting Dumbell Press: 25 x 5

55 x 5 x 3 sets
75 x 10!!!.. video didn't get last rep, but it took about 6 seconds

80 x 3 + 6 forced ... the guy in beater came up to spot, so I did 6 assisted reps.. again video didn't get it

Upright Row: bar x 10, 95 x 5, 120 x 5!!! , 125 x 3!!!

Decline Dumbell Extensions: 30 x 8 x 3 sets, 30 x 6

FacePulls: 10 reps x 3 sets

Gripwork: 2 sets x 5 reps chinups on power rack

looks good.

I think you should work those standing military presses a bit lighter! Make it a strong point :)

Seated looked good. Always nice to have someone around you can trust to spot ya'! Keep em' coming

there is a trick to doing military presses - apart from needing a strong core, if you have the bar in front of your body, you will lean back as you vid showed.

What you do is have the bar close to your throat, as you push up move the head back, and then push the bar up and back so it sits over your centre-line, that way the bar is directly over your shoulders and not in front like doing a very steep incline press.

well that's how I do it :)

polish bro, that guy came out of nowhere, and spotted me, i didnt even want to go to failure

lookin forward to your next workout

coolcol: I'll try that next time, I cant even do 95 lbs military without leaning back, going to try your trick next time, how did the rest of exercises look though?

you should keep your upper arms more vertical on the decline tricep extensions, and try more decline angle.

apart from looked ok. How is your cuffs with upright rows, no impingement?

Top Bottom