Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

revexrevex workout + videos

Looks good man. With your camera...try to back up a bit so that you can see your entire body from the side. You need to see your hips, knees, and feet to make sure that your form is good.

B True

polish :) :)

bfoldddd .... i got a little digital camera that takes 30 sec movie clips.... nowhere to put it.... i put it on calf machine loll..... will try to show u guys full picture next time... thanks!!!!

Wednesday May 07

Wednesday May 7
-----------------------

Squat: 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 265 x 3 :( :(

Can someone please comment on my squat form?

-My back rounds severely when I hit parallel
-I feel a lot of pressure in the lower back
-I haven't progressed in this exercise in 8 months!

Romanian Deadlift: 135 x 5, 225 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 5!!!

Hyperextension: BW x 10, +25 x 10, +45 x 10

Chinups: BW x 5, +50 x 4!!!

Calves: 4 sets x 10 reps

Last edited:
Not bad...

The squats bother me...really wish I could get a better view or be there to help you. Watch your knees...you are not sitting back but you are sitting down and slightly fwd from what I can tell. It should be throwing your balance off the way that you are doing them.

Let me think for a while...

B True

Thanks bfold.. gona drop squats for a while. Stay tuned for more videos tomorrow

a bit hard to tell from the angle, you need to take it from the side.

back rounding could be due to flexibility issues - tight hip flexors?
pressure in the lower could be due to you leaning forward too much - which is probbaly cause by using too narrow a stance. To stay more upright widen the stance and angle feet outwards.

is this your typical squat workout?
Squat: 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 265 x 3

that's why your not progressing. - Not enough work volume
I assume 135 and 185 are more warmups? In that case tonnage here is 3145lbs

if you were to do 8 sets of 3 with 205lbs with 3mins rest - pushing every rep fast - tonnage is 4920lbs. That means more work = progress, and you will be able to move everyone of those reps faster = more tension on muscles.
Sure your using lighter weights and your ego may take a bruising, but in time you will doing way more.

this is training the modern way - not just for strnegth but mass too :)

Thank you very much!! Appreciate the input!

This is applicable to all compound movements isn't it?

Will try that for bench tomorrow

I agree... when I do a squat workout like that I just maintain my current strength. My squats went up when I did more work sets at a more moderate weight... For instance, I could max out 275 for 5, but doing 5x5 with 225 and adding weight each week really made my legs work. And using the lighter weight you can work on perfecting your form and practice exploding out of the hole. Everytime you get closer to your max your form goes to shit.

I even experimenting with doing 10 sets of 5 with a moderate weight.. I don't know if I'd recommend it though... It's physically and mentally exhausting - but my legs grew.

Top Bottom