Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reverse pyramid vs. Dropsets

Nighthawkk

Just curious to know what you guys think is better for pure mass gain- reverse pyramid (increasing weight for each subsequent set) or dropsets (starting near max, and decreasing weight for next set)? I've tried them both with good results, but would like to get an outside opinion, thanks

-Hawk

To me, pyramids have always been the default technique for just about every workout I do. Dropsets have been more like a finishing move in order to sqeeze out as much volume as possible to take my muscles to ultimate failure.

IMHO..... I think pyramiding is better than drop sets for overall mass/strength gain. Why ? Real simple. It has stood the test of time and it is tried and proven. I feel drop sets are great to utilize as a slump buster and/or to shake things up in a workout and/or for muscular endurance and/or to increase intensity in a short period of time. I personally feel rest/pause are superior to drop sets for size and strength. Not to take anything away from drop sets because they are defintely not a pussy technique.....they growl, burn and will bring tears to your eyes but they are not in the same class as pyramiding for size and strength.

Pump on .....

Top Bottom