Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reverse Grip Barbell Rows- Like Them??? Or Dislike Them???

Texas Ranger said:
I'm 6'4" with average length arms for my height. I was messing around in my friend's garage with a weighted barbell over the weekend. While we were talking, I started doing some Barbell Rows with a regular grip and a reverse grip. I hardly ever do these because I like One Arm Rows better. At least, so I thought. I felt the reverse grip ALOT more in the belly of my Lats. I was REALLY suprised because I was the first guy to shoot down the reverse grip Barbell Row when Dorian Yates made it popular again a few years ago.
Then go with it bro!! BTW i also do 1 arm dbell rows however my gym only goes up to 130's so i usually do a few sets at the end of my workout..nothing wrong with doing both in the same workout!!

InTraining said:
I feel the underhand grip more in my lats than the overhand....but the disadvantage is the biceps\forearms tire out faster

I am the same way. However, this results from the width of your grip. For reverse grip, palms away, i utilize a close grip, so it hits my lats more. I go wide for the others, so they hit the center/upper back more.

wnt2bBeast said:
Im the exact opposite lol

me too. i changed my grip recently to underhand, and i have to say it allows me to pull alot more weight on the bent row with little to no tension in my forearms/biceps. i prefer it. but i guess you just go with whats comfy.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the Reverse Grip for my Rows. I'm going to try this routine next time for my back.

Rack Chins(Doggcrapp Style)
Reverse Grip Barbell Rows
Nautilus Pullovers
Deadlifts

This should be more than enough to KILL my Lats, in a good way of course... :)

Top Bottom