Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reverse Band Deadlifts: What do they work?

BodybuildingUniverse

Plat Hero
Platinum
Spatts would probably know best: Just started doing these againa nd they were a blast. I assume they allow you to work your speed on the top end of the pull since the bar weight is a lot lighter out of the hole and gets heavier on the way up. Am I correct? And when should I be doing them? I just hit em after some normal pulls

anyways, I like em, just wondering what part of the lift they are supposed to target

6506215_B_tn.jpg

It targets the lockout, and typically can be done either on a de day with speed or as a me main move. I don't use them much because I am weaker off the floor than at lockout. I guess in a small way it would teach you to pull with more speed off the floor as well.

Hips and speed. :)

I guess in a small way it would teach you to pull with more speed off the floor as well.

Exactly. This is why I do them. I grip and rip, so the faster I can tear it off the floor, the easier I can lock it out. A reverse band dead is probably the best way for me to measure carry over. For example, I WILL do a 550 Reverse Band (blue) pull this cycle, and when that happens, I will know I can grip & rip 500.

its different for different body types. for me the bar is completely out of the bands by the time it gets past my knees, so it works the lockout pretty good for me.

Top Bottom