Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest Pause technique

BOOEY

Banned
Who here uses this technique? With which exercises does it work best? How often (every set, only the last set, etc)? thanks

BOOEY said:
Who here uses this technique? With which exercises does it work best? How often (every set, only the last set, etc)? thanks

I use it on squats and bench. Only on the last set with my "cool down" weight. Pretty much every workout is ended with these.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I use it on calfs, curls and bent over rows, wrist curls and military presses. There isn`t any one exercise that it works best on. One can utilize it on any movement. They really up the intensity and will torch any bodypart you use it on. As Scottsman said..... it is best to use on the last set of a particular bodypart.

Pump on .....

Scotsman said:
I use it on squats and bench. Only on the last set with my "cool down" weight. Pretty much every workout is ended with these.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I love em for chest, i like to do a heavy set of 3 reps. However1, on squats i prefer to rest pause my last rep.

1 set should be all you have in the tank. when you get accustomed to your working weight, you hit a set of 8/3/2 and that should be all out effort with a 4 count negative. yeah you can rest and do another maybe, but the point is to go all out and then forget it. rest pauses ala DC are meant to hit the muscle group, and you hit it again in 3 days. not debilitate yourself and wait a week.

what exactly is a "rest pause" like do you rest at the bottom of the motion or in the middle or what.

sometimes ill stop closer to the lower portion of the motion in my last set and so i use alot of energy and have to go up really slowly to finish the lift, like on last sets..

is that a rest pause?

rest pause is a technique used primarily in DC training. you go until you can barely complete the last rep (help from partner) you rest 20 seconds, go again, rest 20 seconds and finish with last round. usually falls into the 8/3/2 range.

on chest...you rest at the bottom, your preference of touching or not. I dont touch. I do a single heavy set (higher than my working set for the day) of 3 reps, pausing at the bottom for 1 second.
For instance: if i do 3 sets of 10 at 315, then i prefer to do rest pauses with 365, for a minimum of 3, if i can do more GREAT.

what are you guys talking about? you rest by racking the weight. then go again. if you guys are talking about static holds those are another story.

Top Bottom