Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest Pause Sets incorporated into GVT

ximor

I've gained about 15 pounds in the last 8 weeks incorporating Rest Pause sets and GVT for each muscle group and I'm wondering has anyone else ever trained this way?

For example:
Back
2 warmup sets followed by
BB Row (RP)
Lat Pulldown GVT 10x10 60sec rest
CG Cable Row 4x10
CG Pulldown 4x10
DB Pullover 4x15

I've seen improvements in every lift for a solid six weeks. I'm about to transition to Advanced GVT for the next six and then come back to this style. The RP sets keep going up each week as well as the amount I'm lifting in my 10x10's.
I've been training for about 12 years so improving each week on all lifts is not something that has happened since my first 5 years or so. Is anyone else familiar with this type of lifting?

I've definitely seen quite a few people train like this, although it's not something I have tried yet.

Rest pause training is not anything new. Dante Trudel made it widely known 2 decades ago with DC training, which is exactly how I trained for years. I had very good results with it. It's great if followed correctly. The way you are doing it will probably work ok since you are only doing it on the one big compound working set. You just dont want to abuse that tool. Or your body will let you know you did

Couldn't agree more Rick. I did 12 weeks blasting and 2 weeks cruising in DC for a few years, it's some tough sh*t!
I had attempted GVT in the past with minimal results and actually lost strength after a eight week cycle. Recovery isn't as big of an issue as many would have you believe if it's done correctly.
I haven't personally seen or heard of anyone incorporating DC methodology into GVT like this but after trying it this way I can't help but think I found my new alternate periodization cycle in the off season.
There's still alot to be tweaked so I was hoping someone had success with something similar. I've decided my next competition will be in 14 weeks though so I'll have to scrap other plans until after April 25th.
Afterwards I plan to alternate this style with Advanced GVT, it should be interesting.

Couldn't agree more Rick. I did 12 weeks blasting and 2 weeks cruising in DC for a few years, it's some tough sh*t!
I had attempted GVT in the past with minimal results and actually lost strength after a eight week cycle. Recovery isn't as big of an issue as many would have you believe if it's done correctly.
I haven't personally seen or heard of anyone incorporating DC methodology into GVT like this but after trying it this way I can't help but think I found my new alternate periodization cycle in the off season.
There's still alot to be tweaked so I was hoping someone had success with something similar. I've decided my next competition will be in 14 weeks though so I'll have to scrap other plans until after April 25th.
Afterwards I plan to alternate this style with Advanced GVT, it should be interesting.
I have done things similar, and still do. I do t do DC exclusively anymore, but I do incorporate certain aspects of it into my volume training. I'll pick a big compound exercise that I'm not progressing on and throw in a rest pause set at the end of the movement. That can help push me through barriers when needed. It's not something I routinely do unless needed

Top Bottom