Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest -Pause

gladiator2

I feel kind of stupid..I just read a article in MF (i know) about rest pause training ,I have been traing for 20+ years i have read every magazine ,have incorperated just about every tecnuqe of training into my work outs ,at least the ones that worked for me ..I have heard of rest-pause but never took much time to under stand it ..Now after reading this article ,I have got to try this because im really at a stale mate in the gym ..Time for a change ,Im not making any progress.Has any body tryed this?

Probably a better question for the AAS board IMO. More BB type training is discussed there, as this is more of a weightlifting or strength training forum IMO. I am not flaming BB's at all, just most on this forum, including myself, think anything over 5 reps is cardio...

I do know that Dogg Crapp training is big on rest pauses, or breathing sets as some call them. I do them when I am rehapping tendons or on a deload. Painful, but they don't make you stronger IMO.

WHat is your fitness goal? Big Muscles, or Strong Muscles?

I like them. If I'm done with my final set and feel like I still have a little bit extra left I'll use them. Good way to get in a little bit of extra work on weaker areas.

i think the rest-pauses both of you are thinking abot are alittle different. I think gladiator is thinking of rest-pause say when you pause at the bottom of your bench when the bar is on youe chest but your muscle are still under tension. after the quick pause you explaode back up so that you aren't using momentum to get the weight back up. Al420 and DC Training is a little bit different cuz(were're still working chest) a rest-pause is when you are done warming up you go to your 1 working set. on the working set you go to failure (8 reps) and rack weight, 15 deep breathes, and go to failure again(2-4 reps), rack weight, 15 deep breathes, go to faliure(1-3 reps) and on the last rep do a negative and have you partner help pull the weight off you. the you do extreme stretching.

Which type of rest-pause were you refering to?? i can help you with either.

DLine

Sorry i should have been more spacific .It seems you guys think like i do and have given rest pause just a look ..But it makes sense for stregth and size .Im a avid arm wreastler and compete in the high land games .So not a body builder per say here... Rest pause is for exmaple say ..Just say you could do 2 sets of flat bench press of 205 lbs for five reps ,that would be a total of2,460 lbs lifted ..but if you did 2 sets under rep pause ,,(2)sets of say 3 reps every 15 seconds for 6 sets of 3 that would be 7,380 pounds lifted It looks like this 2 sets 3 reps then waint 15 seconds then 3 reps waint 16 seconds and then 3 reps and waint 17 seconds do this six times ..see what i mean?..every one knows time under tension means muscle and strength.I emplore you to read this article .you dont have to buy the mag just go in and read it...I realy think its something to consider ..Im 42 years old and have been lifting for better than 20 years ,,this really has me pumped to try.Just trying to pass along something that i think will help every one ..My 2 cents

gladiator2 said:
.every one knows time under tension means muscle and strength.

While it might mean muscle size, it by no means means strength IMO. TUT is for BB's and fitness competitors. Not for a man competing in the fucking highland games....

To get stronger we must add weight to the bar, period.

al is right on this one.

TUT is not a given for muscle and strenght

Heavy Weights Build STRONG muscle. not vice versa.

put down your magazines. Those guys telling you to do those excercises are on a shitload of gear.

bench/squat/deadlift

all you need =]

and since u arm wrestle, a nice gripper and grip work would be perfect.

al420 said:
While it might mean muscle size, it by no means means strength IMO. TUT is for BB's and fitness competitors. Not for a man competing in the fucking highland games....

To get stronger we must add weight to the bar, period.

Agreed with al420 and MM. If the TUT is what they are talking about then the TUT isn't as effective in building strength as adding more weight. DC Training claims strength gains also but it more for a BBer.

DLine

gladiator2 said:
Sorry i should have been more spacific .It seems you guys think like i do and have given rest pause just a look ..But it makes sense for stregth and size .Im a avid arm wreastler and compete in the high land games .So not a body builder per say here... Rest pause is for exmaple say ..Just say you could do 2 sets of flat bench press of 205 lbs for five reps ,that would be a total of2,460 lbs lifted ..but if you did 2 sets under rep pause ,,(2)sets of say 3 reps every 15 seconds for 6 sets of 3 that would be 7,380 pounds lifted It looks like this 2 sets 3 reps then waint 15 seconds then 3 reps waint 16 seconds and then 3 reps and waint 17 seconds do this six times ..see what i mean?..every one knows time under tension means muscle and strength.I emplore you to read this article .you dont have to buy the mag just go in and read it...I realy think its something to consider ..Im 42 years old and have been lifting for better than 20 years ,,this really has me pumped to try.Just trying to pass along something that i think will help every one ..My 2 cents

Oh God. Waynelucky????? Say it ain't so . . .

Fraud.

Sorry to shit in you alls cat box here ,Just shows how closed some minds are .I try to put out something i think is posative ,I dont know what TUT is???and could give a shit ..You know us (fucking highlanders arnt strong ) ,and yea i need to work on my grip ..we will see at the Arnold ,if thats so.Vegas was very good for me!!first and last post in this forum... :finger:

Top Bottom