Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rest between sets for max effort wsb sets

marc1

hi, I wanted to know what the rest time between sets for the max effort exercises should be? Also what should be the rest time for the accessory work?

Well, I don't really know, but I'll give you my best opinion from my current perspective. I am always modifying parameters to maximum benefit and this question is an important one.

I read that Andersson, of the famous Andersson squats, rested up to 30 minutes between sets.

I rest until my ligaments, readiness, and other things that determine my weight holding ability begin to deteriorate. At 30min I would be cold, and I would have to warm up again. Practically, I rest 5-10 minutes until thoroughly ready for another maximum effort.

ive read that 5 minutes is optimum, not enough time to cool down too much, just enough to gain composure and your breath.

For ME work, having 3 people working out, one right after the next is optimal. Don't rest too long, you wanna feel fatigued moving up and you'll get used to it soon enough.

For accessory work, it's you go - I go, one right after the next. Not only are you building strength and targetting your weaknesses, you are working on your GPP as well. Chuck V. is epitomy of this philosophy, it increases your work capacity over time and you will not only get strong but get your ass in shape as well.

A typical workout should take about an hour, more than that most of the time, but it's a gauge to keep your ass moving.

Hope this helps.

I dont really time myself other than i wait at least 3 minutes..when i get heavier i would guess its at least 5minutes..To me my goal is to lift the weight..

accessory work i wait about 1-3 minutes..but i may get finshed doing lets say 45* hypers than someone wants to talk to me whatever i try to get things reay for my next exercise so i may wait 5-10 inbetween although its not on purpose..

ive also supersetted accessory type stuff..heavy lat work/abs/bicep(lol)

some of us arent lucky enough to have people set up weights for them..plus i put away every plate...

Im at the gym anywhere from 2-3 hours..bear in mind this includes warming up putting on what ever equipment im using that day putting plates away etc..If i lifted in a gym like WSB where for the most part things are set up already my workouts would take a lot less time..Even DE days where my work sets are strictly timed im stillin the gym for a long time

Top Bottom