Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rest

flagrant13

do any of you consistent lifters take decent breaks like a week to two weeks off completely to recharge? Would it be a bad idea or would I lose significant gains?

I will do a de-load week here and there where I lift really light. It lets my joints and body recover while I am still training. I will also take extra days off when I can feel I need it. It is all about understanding your body.

I never take a week completely off from the gym but if I am feeling burnt out, I'll do a de-load week.

It's really up to you. You won't loose any muscle during a week off from the gym but you might gain some weight if you aren't active in other ways. That's the biggest problem I see people get into when they take a week off from the gym. They take it completely off of all exercise and then gain a bunch of weight.

During your week off from the gym, I would purse other forms of activity like yoga, swimming etc.

Top Bottom