Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Resistance band workouts

Made up bullshit. It's just a word people throw about. Usually by girls referring to their butts as in 'I'm activating my glutes'. Please. Most girls butts are plenty big. I can take my finger - put it on your muscle (lets say your bicep) and get you to concentrate on tensing it while you lift. Even then it's not like the muscle was inactive before.

Warming up is fine (although using light weights still works).

You'd also want the bands on a leg press to pull at the top. And it's not more weight - it's more resistance.

Using bands to activate the muscle group you are about to train allows you to do LESS "warm up sets" while lessening the risk of injury like "warm up sets". I use far less energy activating muscles with bands than I would doing the actual training movements with lighter weight. This allows me to move more weight on my working sets. That is not "bioscience". That is actually a more effective way to prepare for heavy sets

Using bands to activate the muscle group you are about to train allows you to do LESS "warm up sets" while lessening the risk of injury like "warm up sets". I use far less energy activating muscles with bands than I would doing the actual training movements with lighter weight. This allows me to move more weight on my working sets. That is not "bioscience". That is actually a more effective way to prepare for heavy sets

Prove it. Show us the results.

And warming up is not the same as engaging a muscle. I explained what the engagement was before.

Last edited:
I've never used them but I see women using them all the time.

For sure. We've one at my gym who uses a really thick looking one around her knees. Does a bunch of other 'hip' based stuff too. Massive ass. I suspect she thinks toning it will reduce it when, in fact, it's made f all difference. Thus far I have resisted asking 'what the fuck are you doing?'.

Made up bullshit. It's just a word people throw about. Usually by girls referring to their butts as in 'I'm activating my glutes'. Please. Most girls butts are plenty big. I can take my finger - put it on your muscle (lets say your bicep) and get you to concentrate on tensing it while you lift. Even then it's not like the muscle was inactive before.

Warming up is fine (although using light weights still works).

You'd also want the bands on a leg press to pull at the top. And it's not more weight - it's more resistance.

Solid points and I find it hilarious when guys throw in reverse banded bench or anything: you want to use less weight for a bigger bang...

Solid points and I find it hilarious when guys throw in reverse banded bench or anything: you want to use less weight for a bigger bang...

Bands have their place - warming up and back stage pumping for sure. But engagement etc? Pfft.

A good example would be the rubberized slingshots (I've never used one but...) for benching. They force you into the right form and help you overload at the top. Of course, you still need to bench without them too as well as, if it's your preference, practice with a shirt on. The closest I get is elbow sleeves.

Top Bottom