Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reps and proximity to failure for hypertrophy?

powerup79

Good Broly
Platinum
What is everyone's opinion on total reps per set and proximity to failure for muscle growth?

On bench and squat I typically don't do less than 10 and the accessories I'm usually anywhere between 15-20 and pretty much right at or within one or two of failure.

Just curious what other people are doing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

What is everyone's opinion on total reps per set and proximity to failure for muscle growth?

On bench and squat I typically don't do less than 10 and the accessories I'm usually anywhere between 15-20 and pretty much right at or within one or two of failure.

For myself I start with 12-15 reps and add 10 lbs everytime untill I end up at failure , that being the 4-5 rep range . Sometimes it's 5 sets other times it's 8 sets depending on the exercise I'm doing .

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I like to do drop sets to near failure

so start with 6 reps, then 8 reps, then 10 reps
drop set into 25reps, drop set into 50 reps (real high pumps)

so I use heavy to lighter and drop set it

bro too many people poosies, should always train hard as fuck to falure

It's simple:

Strength: 1-8 reps
Muscle: 8-12 reps
Conditioning: 12-20 or more

Legs can handle higher reps and of course people are different but the above numbers are averages

Top Bottom