Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rep ranges for cutting

I have always worked under the principle of if you reduce your weights and increase your reps while your body is in its most catabolic state you are bound to lose size, keep with the as near to the same weight as you were lifting before, 8 reps for most exercises, stimulating as many muscle fibres as possible but cut the sets.

Its all about maintaining muscle size/mass whilst dieting and yes its then all about the style, quantity and quality of food you eat. I find moderate pace early morning cardio helps and so do caffeine tablets when i am feeling low.

Hope this helps

btw i have just had my bodyfat tested after 10 weeks of dieting and its 8.2% one week to go late 7's is the target.

Agreed. Cutting down is about adjusting your diet and cardio. Staying heavy will preserve muscle mass. I dont buy into that B.S bout doing light weight for like 15-20 reps either.

well..i saw this guy in the gym doing 3 sets of 30 for curls, and his arms were very cut. except the fact that they were probably no bigger than 12" lol.

doing high reps increases heart rate if done with little rest in between and supersetting. When I cut I do 10-15 reps but i superset. I train more with intensity and have not lost any mass that other than fat that I can tell. you will always lose mass when cutting because your burning fat and losing water.

stick to same weight lifting routine.. like others noted.. adjust diet and cardio.. very simple...

the only high rep i strongly believe in is 1x20 Squats...builds mass, ass and heart all in one shot!

Top Bottom