Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reliable Weight Harness

miked8c

Self explanatory, one of those leather belts with chain attached that you can load plates onto for weights chins and dips. Not to be confused with a weight vest.

Not looking to break the bank, I just need a site I can get one from that is cheap but will not break when using weight over 100 lbs.

If you can post a link, please do.

I remember you posted about this a while back. Did you end up trying to make one out of chain, or no?

I remember you posted about this a while back. Did you end up trying to make one out of chain, or no?

Haha I did. On paper it was great, even after assembling it I though it would work fine.

However I took it into the gym and it was tough messing around with the S-hooks and chains. I looked like a complete D-bag using it cause it was so loud. Was not as practical as I would have liked, if I had to I could definitely use it.

However, I have absolutely no problem dropping 30-40 on a nice leather harness as it will see more than its fair share of use.

How was it too loud? You bought the wrong size chains bro haha you don't need some big ass chunky thing lol.

Why not just buy one from a sports store. If not I would try eBay. The ones from lifting sights like ironmind always seem too expensive to me.

The chains need to be decently big so that they do not dig into your sides. I don't know man, when I was changing the weight it was just a lot of iron clacking together.

I work out in my school gym, I don't want to be THAT kid who tries to draw attention to himself by doing weird exercises. I know I sound insecure but I want to just load up and do my exercises quietly.

This is hard enough as it is. Nevermind when I am trying to quietly load 100 lbs. in varying plates onto a single chain and then do dips, people stare.

Maybe try buying a heavy duty lifting strap from a major hardware store for rigging. I know my old boss had one that was only like 4 feet long with heavy duty loops on each end and the strap was probably an easy 1/4" thick and 3-4' wide. This strap could hold nearly 1000 pounds and we used it all the time in combo with longer/thinner straps to lift awkward, heavy objects with heavy equipment.

Not sure what kind of selection home depot or Lowe's has of heavy rigging straps like these, but I know they can be found.

I figure you get one of those and then use a decent size carabine to clip both loops ends onto and BAM! Good to go.

Top Bottom