Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

recovery time after work out and physical work

Alan+09

I hit the gym in the mornings tuesday, thursday , saturday and sunday, after the gym I go to work in construction my job is very physical and exhausting for some reason I see my muscle don't look as big as they should after lifting for 5 months, I was reading and article online about it and it says muscles grow when you rest not when you work out, do you think lifting on the weekend which are the days I'm off from work is killing my muscles from recovery and growing after 5 days ( mon-friday) of intense physical work and lifting? should I hit the gym mon to friday and take off the weekend completely from any physical activity? thank you.

That and burning calories man. You are gonna have to throw down and make yourself eat. Rest does play a big part in Recovery, but if you are burning all nutrients at work then you will never bulk. You will be more lean and hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

The body is capable of a lot more then we give it credit. I personally think your situation is not an issue of not recovering from your workouts but rather not eating enough calories.

Think about it. If you are working a physical job all day AND then exercising afterwards, you are going to be burning a lot of calories. I am not sure what you current calorie intake is but I would guess you would need around 4000 calories in order to gain weight and build muscle. If you are having trouble eating enough, you could try blending your food.

Buy a high quality blender and blend together the following:
2 scoops of a high quality protein powder
oatmeal
natural almond butter or peanut butter
frozen fruit
banana
ice
chia/flax seeds
spinach/kale

You can easily make the shake 800 calories and drink it for breakfast.

I am guessing you are just not eating enough food to grow. You are obviously doing a ton of physical work from training plus your job. I would start slowly increasing until you start to see some mass gains. Just make sure they are clean calories. During work if you don't get a lot of time to break then just have a shake handy. You can literally mix and drink it in 30 seconds. That would save you from going too long without food.

The physical work definitely doesnt help.

In this case you need to get much more rest, sleep and food. If you train very often and have physical work on top, your body will be in constant catabolic state and not providing with enough food will only make you lose weight.

Top Bottom