Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recovery thoughts

jbrownheat

[FONT=&quot]Hi all, just after a bit of advice regarding recovery. Over the past week I've been experiencing some pain in my left shoulder, not muscular, but joint. I first noticed it during shoulder day last week, then on chest day it felt like it was giving out.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It is cause of this I feel it mught be a good idea to take a week off just to let it heal so it doesn't get any worse. I don't really want to as I feel I have been making great progress lately. My diet and training are both spot on, and I've been making great gains, thus why it is a bit dissapointing to have a 'forced' rest. So i guess my question is, will a week off have a negative impact, as in, will i lose some of what I've gained. Also at the moment i weigh 204 and consume 4500 approx calories per day to bulk. How many calories should I consume during my weeks rest? Just drop my post workout meal? Or drop them down to maintenance level. Like I said I'm just worried to lose what I've gained. Any help greatlt appreciated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Injuries happen, and you don't want to keep pounding them. You're not going to lose your gains in a week or two so that isn't a worry. That said, you don't need to completely take time off if you don't want to. You can train around the injury. Try getting some extra leg and core work in while letting your shoulder recover.

i used to be just like you. i would refuse to rest, but i have learned over the years that rest is beneficial. you will actually come back STRONGER by resting a nagging injury than pounding away at it. why do you think in the NFL they put guys on IR so much? they know that rather than keeping them playing on injuries they can conserve them so they are fresh for the next season

Top Bottom