Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recovering from torn ligaments?

bishonen

Earlier this week my friend cum training partner was half asleep one morning and tripped on a stoop coming out of someones house. What he thought was 'just' a sprain ended up being three torn ligaments in his right ankle.

He's taking a layoff from the gym ( obviously :) ) right now, but he wants to get back into weight lifting eventually. When that happens, what would be the best course of action?

I had him weaned off of machines and using strictly freeweights, but I don't imagine that will be a possibility. I'm *thinking* machines might be the best bet, since supporting himself might be an issue while, say, squatting or deadlifting.

Also, what's the usual recovery time for this kind of injury? How long should he wait before heading back into the gym?

Everything I know about anatomy, fibroblasts, and DCT points to him being pretty screwed on recovery time. Anybody ever dealt with a situation like this?

Reactions: Cut
Top Bottom