Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rear deltoid exercises?

polebot

any other good exercises for the rear delts other than bent over lats?

and kind of off that subject....is this an exercise ever used or is it unnecessary?? to just stand in between two high pulleys,have arms straight out like making a T,and just bringing them straight down to your sides. i cant really determine what that working out.shoulders?chest? both?

sit a in pec deck backwards (one with the handles not the pads).

adjust the cable pulleys to their highest setting. grab the right cable pulley handle with your left hand and the right cable pulley handle with your left hand. so your hands will be criss crossed about your body high above your. using your rear delts extend your arms and pull back. another variation is down low and bent over. see the clip below.

You don't have a delt machine? You can also do the movement Guardian posted with dumbells.. Weight isn't your friend in this movement, form is.

thanks guys.i actually forgot about the exercise guardian was talking about.i think ive tried it before (but had the pulleys in the wrong position) and it felt really strange.

Also one arm cable side laterals (bent over). Use no attachment, just grip the cable (from a low pulley) above the ball on the end. While slightly bent, raise arm (in the same plane as your body) with your thumb pointing towards the floor through the entire motion. Be sure to keep the arm slightly bent and your wrist should always be lower than your elbow. Your elbow should also not extend too far above the delt.

Facepulls seem to work as well...using a rope on the pulldown, take a few steps back, and pull towards your forehead...

Try painting or sanding up on a ladder all day! Goddamn my shoulders hate my job.

I like to lower a smith mahine bar to about 3 ft from the ground, and lay underneath it lining up the bar with your upper chest and do sort of a high row/reverse bench press with it. I've worked up to doing them weighted and it seems to work the rear delts as well as the bench works the fronts. It's also a good way to balance out all the chest work most of us do.

Heavy ass BB rows, Rack deads, Deadlifts, and DB rows are all you should really need. Unless you are 270 and ripped and need to refine your delts for the stage. I used to do countless sets of bent laterals, face pulls, and other iso crap for rear detls. Since I started progessively adding weights to those big compound back exercises and dropping all the fluffy iso crap my WHOLE upper back has grown like crazy.

Top Bottom