Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

reaching hypertrophy

It'd vary from individual to individual. I prefer a low volume heavy weight approach. Here's my workout from 2 weeks ago (real weights):

Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 15-kilos x 8 reps, 25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos (very loose form) x 8 reps (I took a video of this set and added it Facebook)

Tricep Pressdowns on a lat machine: 8 of the stack plates x 8 reps, 11 plates x 8 reps, 17 plates x 8 reps

I measured my right upper arm BEFORE training and flexed it was a little under 19.5-inches.

there is no set # man. just get in there and lift smart and with good form. you will know you got the job done if you are a newb when you are sore the next day. inflammation will go in there to protect the muscle from the ripped up muscle fibers

The correct answer is - all of them.

Every muscle is made up of type 1, type 2a ad type 2b muscle fibers. In order to stimulate them all, you should do a wide variety of rep ranges.

Do most of your working sets in the traditional 6-10 rep range but also add in some 20+ burn out sets at the end to stimulate the slow twitch muscle fibres and get a really good pump.

Top Bottom